Sunseeker is a comprehensive solar tracking & compass app. It shows the sun’s hourly direction intervals, its equinox, winter & summer solstice paths, sunrise sunset times, twilight times, sun shadow, the golden hour & more. The app allows you to add sun-event notifications & has a widget showing the day’s solar data & position on an arc. The surveyor view shows the solar direction for each sunlight hour. Sunseeker has both a flat compass view & a 3D Augmented Reality (AR) view to show the solar position & path.
The app is useful for -
▶ Photographers- to plan according to the golden hour or blue hour & optimal sunlight conditions, sunrise & sunset times & directions.
▶ Cinematographers- this sun tracker & sun surveyor enables you to find the sun exposure, directions, sun shadow & sunrise sunset times for any location.
▶ Real Estate Buyers- can use the app before buying a property to check the sun path & to find the sun exposure of properties.
▶ Drivers - Sunseeker lets you track the sun path & movement during the days & helps drivers know the sun position to find how long the car will remain in the shade at any given parking spot.
▶ Campers & Picnickers- for anyone planning a day out, Sunseeker app will help in finding where to camp, sit or pitch an umbrella depending on the sunlight & sun direction.
▶ Gardeners- Sun Seeker can also help with finding optimal planting locations & seasonal sunlight hours as a sun rise calendar
▶ Architects & Surveyors- for visualising the spatial variability of the solar angle throughout the year & using the compass app as a sun surveyor & calendar to determine the sunlight directions.
* Sunseeker is a sun locator which uses GPS, magnetometer & gyroscope to find the correct solar position & sun path for your current location.
* Flat compass view shows current solar position, diurnal solar angle & elevation (separated into day & night segments), sun shadow length ratio, atmospheric path thickness.
* 3D augmented reality (AR) camera overlay view shows the sun's current position, its path with hour points marked. Check golden hour using this feature!
* Camera view has an optional pointer to guide you towards the current location of the sun & help you with sun direction.
* Map view shows solar direction arrows, sun path & elevations for each hour of the day.
* Choose any date to view sun position & path on that day. You can view sunset & sunrise times for each day as well.
* Choose any location on earth (includes 40,000+ cities or custom locations available offline, as well as a comprehensive online map search capability)
* Get additional details including sun rise, sunset & culmination times, maximum elevation, civil, nautical & astronomical twilight times of the sun.
* Optional device notifications for all manner of sun-related periods & events, such as golden hour or blue hour, various twilight & shadow periods, or sun at a given compass heading or above a given elevation.
* This sun rise calendar app allows the user to include equinox, summer & winter solstice paths on both flat compass view & camera view.
Sun Seeker app has been featured in numerous high-profile blogs, websites & publications, including Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Sydney Morning Herald etc. "Truly amazing", "Incredible", "Brilliant" - the most genuinely useful application of augmented reality - ever!
Check out our YouTube video here: https://bit.ly/2Rf0CkO
Simply search YouTube for "Sun Seeker app" to find many videos, websites & blogs created by our enthusiastic users
* See https://bit.ly/2FIPJq2 - also easily accessible from the app's info screen
* The compass accuracy depends on having an undistorted magnetic field around your device. If you use it close to metallic objects or electrical equipment, directional accuracy may be impaired. The device’s compass accuracy can be optimised by calibrating it prior to use. See app’s FAQs for more help.
* NEW - Now includes a watch app with choice of several views, including a compass dial view which transitions to 3D view when holding the wrist up. Also includes text and circular complications showing solar elevation and data, as well as for iOS lock screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Photographer’s/Real Estate must have
You would not think this powerful tool inside your pocket/cell phone could be so useful, but it truly is. As a professional photographer/videographer, I use it all the time to find The lighting I want for my shop. Especially on low budget shoots where they do not want to pay for my time to scout the location in advance, I can still know when to show up for the best lighting.
As a REALTOR®,Many of my clients are seeking homes that face a particular direction. Sun Seeker absolutely helps with that. From inside a location I can tell clients where to look for the sun from any point in the house at any time of the year. Want to know if your rear deck will be too hot to eat at the height of summer?, I can tell you that. Want to know the best place to plant your garden? No problem. Want to know if a building is going to block the sun from you next December when the sun is lower on the horizon? No problem. Sunseeker is my go to application for this and so much more. I highly recommend it.
Answer to a photographer’s prayers
I was looking for something which would tel me where the sun rises at any given place on any given day and I almost couldn’t believe that I found it in this app
I first though it was a simple time of sunrise and sunset app like so many others but when I dove into it I realized that it would tell me sunrise locations and angle from your location and a lot of other stuff from any place on the globe
The technology alone is fascinating but the ability to know where the sun rises on any day from any location is like gold to a photographer
Thanks for the answer to my needs I will be putting this app to full use and saving a lot of time searching out locations by trial and error
This app puts an end to that
If your a photographer just get it!
I have been using this app for years. It has save me days worth of work, trying to figure out when and where the sun will be.. the real world of you along with the sun charts allows you to know what time and where to be to put the sun behind a tree a building whatever your environment. Specifically for things like sunrise that you can’t see the trajectory of the sun until it’s already up, knowing the precise place where it will be coming from is an invaluable tool.
I have recommended this app to anybody who is an environmental photographer even if it is not your main thing having access to this information, will save you an immense amount of time, just get it, seriously.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ajnaware Pty Ltd
- 33.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Ajnaware Pty Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.