Sun to Moon Sleep Clock 4+
Designed for iPad
Help your kids learn when it's time to get out of bed with Sun to Moon Sleep Clock.
26 stars are removed at regular intervals throughout the night, helping visualize how long it is until morning.
Customize the Sun and Moon characters with outfits, accessories and sounds or enable 'Snooze Rewards' so that the longer your kids sleep, the more items become available to them.
Bedtime and wake-up time can be set from the settings page or by tapping the time digits on the main daytime screen and hitting 'Goodnight'. One-off naps can be triggered by tapping Moon's nose 3 times or tap it 6 times for an immediate sunrise.
Get tips and keep up-to-date by visiting Sun to Moon Sleep Clock on the web:
Other features include...
• Super-easy to operate with a built-in help system.
• Soothing sleep sounds with adjustable duration setting: Whale song, heartbeat, fan, white noise (hair dryer), harp music, washing machine, clock ticking, breaking waves, music box, sleigh bells, meditation or off.
• Speaking clock function - tap Sun or Moon's mouth to activate (optional).
• Wacky wake-up sounds: Digital beeps, dawn chorus, cock-a-doodle-doo, charge fanfare, parrot, cat meowing, trumpet, bongos, cheerful tune, Happy Birthday, Santa/Jingle Bells, Easter, rocket launch, rock'n'roll, sleep sound repeat or off.
• Digital or analog clock modes with large digit digital option.
• Friendly Sun and Moon characters with interchangeable outfits and accessories.
• Predefined themes including Birthday, Christmas, Easter, Pirates, Sports and Space.
• Shooting star night-time progress bar.
• Visual sunset and sunrise with custom artwork by artist Michael Sibley (http://www.msibley.com).
• Optional Snooze Reward system to gently incentivize staying in bed.
• Star countdown with 26 stars removed at regular intervals through the night. Counters can also be customized or removed in the Moon gifts section.
• Twinkling 'final countdown': An optional 12 star countdown displayed at the end of the night with a faster removal rate.
• Auto-dim mode to brighten and dim the screen half an hour either side of sunrise/sunset.
• Reading time: Let moon read his book for up to an hour at either sunrise, sunset or both.
• Nose tap naps and immediate sunrise: Set your nap duration and activate it by tapping Moon's nose 3 times in quick succession. An additional 3 taps triggers an immediate sunrise.
• Parental settings pin code lock with Face & Touch ID support. The settings master pin is 8529.
• Dimmable night setting to reduce glare and save energy, accessible from the settings or by tapping the clock digits 3 times.
• Dark mode to reduce blue glow at night.
• Sleep Clock stand & Hologram mode - Get crafty and make your device little-finger-proof with a Sleep Clock stand and hologram adapter. The Sleep Clock stand covers the device's physical buttons whilst hologram mode takes it one step further and gives the impression of Sun and Moon hovering in mid-air. Full instructions for creating your bespoke stand and hologram viewer can be found on my website at http://www.msibley.com/sleep-clock-stand, where you will also be able to download templates.
Note: Please ensure your device is plugged in and that notifications are silenced whilst using this app. If you forget your settings pin the master code is 8529. If using this app on an OLED screen (the iPhone X for example), it is a good idea to reduce the screen brightness and enable auto-dim mode for long periods of use.
To disable the home and lock buttons of your device whilst using this app, please use IOS Guided Access Mode.
If you find the app useful or have any suggestions then I'd really appreciate a rating in the App Store. Positive reviews encourage me to keep working on the app and constructive feedback provides me with new ideas that I always try to implement if possible. Thank you!
Fixed a bug that could cause bedtime to be triggered late under certain circumstances.
Ratings and Reviews
Great sleep trainer + alarm clock
We tried two different sleep training clocks until we found this app. It has many different functions—naps, alarms, reading time, bedtime music—but is still straightforward. The moon indicates sleep; the sun signifies wake up. My daughter loves customizing the screens so it’s “hers.” The backgrounds and accoutrements are quite lovely, artistically rendered rather than generic clip art.
We use the app on the iPad, so it also serves as her nightlight, with dimmable options. Since we purchased the app, my daughter has slept in her bed through the night! I think it will also continue to provide good use as she gets older and school age, with the (customizable) gentle alarms and reading time functions (scheduled time before bedtime and/or after wake up).
Finally, the developer is thoughtful and really open to feedback. I contacted him to ask about a user preference, and he responded immediately, then rolled out an update a week later.
I highly recommend this app, one of the best app purchases!
Mine must have a bug because I have to manually set the moon every night. I was hoping it would automatically turn when I set it for bedtime. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app. Restarted it several times and still nothing.
Changing my rating because Michael got in contact and promptly fixed the issue. Thanks again!! This app is now working perfectly and is such a great help!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for reaching out on this issue and for helping me find a fix 😊
Simple and straightforward
I love this app, it really helped my kiddo when she started school, the music for bedtime is relaxing, it has countdown stars (that can be customized to other things) to know if it’s closer to wake up time. It’s so simple but it helped with her understanding that if the moon is there she can sleep some more. This was the best solution I found to teaching her the time at 5 yrs old.
Developer Response ,
I'm glad your 5 year-old is finding my app useful and thank you so much for taking the time to review 😊
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Sibley
- 148.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © Michael Sibley
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.