Watch the sunlight. Live!
Ever wondered in which parts of the world it is day or night?
Sunlight will show you and marks your current location on the earth map.
Sunlight is grabbing data from fourmilab.ch. So Thanks to the guys behind fourmilab.ch.
Just a small Update...
- Support for Retina Display
- Support for Multitasking
Ratings and Reviews
It's good, but it needs zoom
Nice app but...
I wanted to echo the (several?) reaquests to remove the network requirement. I would like an option to view the sunlight map without being connected, using the iPod/iPhone's clock. There's no technical reason that this isn't possible. Other than that, great app. Wifilessness is the only thing keeping it from five stars for me. I'll wait for the networkless update!!
This app has a lot of potential!
I don't think I spelled that right...
Anyway, some features that would dramatically improve this app:
1) Zoom function - Kinda self-explanitory
2) Sun-o-meter - Shows how many daylight hours have passed and how many there are left... Changes to the moonometer at night to show the hours of night and the moon phase
3) Preset locations - Upon startup, currently, it wants to check for your location. Upon startup, there should be a list of preset locations, all of which have their own markers on the map. The app should take from the iPod time and make calculations for other time zones.
4) Cut the dependence on wifi - The app wants to check for your location every time it starts. It asli does wait stuff that doesn't work without wifi on. So, this app is completely useless without wifi. That's not good. To fix that, have it run off of the iPods time, like I said in '3'.
Possible spelling and grammar errors aside (I'm using my iPod to type), making some easy (I would think) corrections would up the value of the app. Then the app could easily go for a buck or two.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.