Sunrise Sunset is a simple, easy-to-use application that displays important times such as:
- Civil twilight begin (Dawn)
- Sun Transit (Solar Noon)
- Civil twilight end (Dusk)
- Total daylight
Take this app wherever you go, no internet is necessary for the app to work.
- Use today's date or select any date
- Use GPS location or select a location from a huge list of cities.
- No internet connection needed. Calculations are performed on your device.
- GPS is also optional, you can manually enter a location.
- Set your own background image.
- Create your own list of locations by saving your current GPS location or a location from the database.
Updated for iPhone X.
Ratings and Reviews
Great update. Minor bugs
It's was really nice to see a well deserve update to this app that I've been using for many years. The Pro features are really welcome here but they still need some fixes/improvements:
- When setting the latitude or longitude for a custom location the app crashes. (iOS 10.3.1 iPhone 6S)
- So it does when choosing "Recent Locations".
- When choosing a location from the database it'd be great if you could add it to "My locations" from there.
- When displaying the current sun position for a location from the database, it doesn't take into account the time zone for that location if it happens to be different to the one where you are located. (If you want to know about conditions somewhere else).
- It'd be nice to have a "now" (reset) button when displaying the sun position, especially after changing the time in the sliding bar.
- There is no way to set up My Location based back on GPS once another location has been selected.
Again, great update and many thanks for it.
I didn’t expect to see this get updated after all this time. And yet.., here it is! :)
The beauty in this app is it’s simplicity. It’s great for a quick reference point for photo shoots in particular.
I could overlook a number of issues but the first 3 locations I entered had wrong sunrise and sunset times. One was off by 1 hour. Two were off by 3 hours. No reason to upgrade to paid version to get rid of ads if the data are wrong.
I guess I'll still be stuck using the complicated timeanddate dot com website offline.
- Daniel Vincent
- 15.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Kekoa Vincent
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.