Live free in the Sun! An elegant and modern solution for showing the Sunrise, Sunset, First and Last Light times to the exact minute for precisely where YOU are right now - not the "closest" city. The app also shows exactly how much daylight is left in the day - in a large, easy to read display - so you can plan ahead to the last ray of sunlight. Download it now.
• Sunrise time
• Sunset time
• First Light time (Dawn)
• Last Light time (Twilight)
• Converts timezones for foreign locations
• Counts down the amount of daylight left in the day until last light
• At night, counts down the time left until the first light of the new day
• Counts down days, hours and minutes left until the shortest and longest days
• Dates of the equinox and solstice
• Times of the equinox and solstice for premium users
• See the Sunrise, Sunset, First and Last light times for any day in the future.
• Length of daylight for today - or any day in the future.
• Percentage of the day or night completed.
• Correctly handles Daylight Saving times.
• GPS access is not required.
• Landscape support on iPad.
An indispensable tool for those who don't want to waste a moment of the day - or the night!
• Advertising is displayed in this app in order to cover costs. A large button is provided to remove it.
• We wrote this app for ourselves, but love sharing it and getting your positive feedback. Visit our support site to give us feedback - thank you in advance for your great ratings and reviews :)
• Timezone conversion for foreign locations. This is by far my most requested feature. If you choose a foreign location then the times will be converted to that locations local time. This feature requires a connection to the internet, otherwise times are displayed in your local time as usual.
• Super improved location functionality - if your location cannot be found then the device will reuse your last saved location.
• Another graphical spruce up.
• An experiment with displaying less advertising - we'll see how it goes!
• Many other performance updates under the hood.
Thank you in advance for your kind words and constructive feedback. Cheers.
• New Full Month Calendar view for all users. This shows all the sunrise and sunset times for the current month on one page, and tapping on a date shows you all the details for that date. Premium users have extra functionality, they can page forwards and backwards through the calendar for any month they please, showing all the details for the dates they choose.
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful application
It’s a great app I use frequently to find out how much daylight I have left in a day, sunrise and sunset for my current location and other locations. It will tell you in real time what you have and what you will get today and now, and in the future.
I strongly recommend this for Mariners sportsman and anyone that wants to utilize daylight.
Bugs seem to need resolved
I love this app and have been using it for a long time. One of my favorite features is the ability to check future dates and see their sunrise/sunset times and total length of daylight. In winter, it’s a nice, concrete reminder that the sunlight is slowly returning. However, the app won’t allow me to look at dates beyond June 30, 2019. I find this very disappointing, and am hoping for an update in the near future that will fix this bug. A great app overall, but this is putting a damper on my enjoyment.
Have to pay to see into the future???
I have loved this app for years to plan out early morning runs. I have loved having the ability to search a month (or more) out to see when the sun will rise or set. All of the sudden I’m being asked to pay to see future sunsets. I have gladly watched the ads and waited patiently but this is disappointing. I can’t imagine paying $2.99 a month to get content that can be found elsewhere for free. And that’s exactly what I will do from now on...look elsewhere. You lost a longtime happy customer...I hope it was worth it.
Developer Response ,
Hi, I'm sorry to hear that "loving this app for years" is only worth a one star review to you. You can still see the next month of dates on the old calendar screen by tapping on any date on the new calendar screen. The date selector on the old calendar screen still allows you to select the date you want a month in advance. The payment is a small one-off only forever payment, it is not a monthly payment. I hope this helps.
- Peter Smith
- 13.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2019 Peter Smith. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.