Live free in the Sun! An elegant and modern solution for showing the Sunrise, Sunset, First and Last Light times to the exact minute for precisely where YOU are right now - not the "closest" city. The app also shows exactly how much daylight is left in the day - in a large, easy to read display - so you can plan ahead to the last ray of sunlight. Download it now.
• Sunrise time
• Sunset time
• First Light time (Dawn)
• Last Light time (Twilight)
• Converts timezones for foreign locations
• Counts down the amount of daylight left in the day until last light
• At night, counts down the time left until the first light of the new day
• Counts down days, hours and minutes left until the shortest and longest days
• Dates of the equinox and solstice
• Times of the equinox and solstice for premium users
• See the Sunrise, Sunset, First and Last light times for any day in the future.
• Length of daylight for today - or any day in the future.
• Percentage of the day or night completed.
• Correctly handles Daylight Saving times.
• GPS access is not required.
• Landscape support on iPad.
An indispensable tool for those who don't want to waste a moment of the day - or the night!
• We wrote this app for ourselves, but love sharing it and getting your positive feedback. Visit our support site to give us feedback - thank you in advance for your great ratings and reviews :)
• Bug fixes and performance optimizations to make things smooth and fast!
Thank you in advance for your kind words and constructive feedback. Cheers.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it says
Very useful does what I want plus extra things that are nice to have. The only minor bug was when on the calendar view (where you set the day). You have to press today Date several times before the right day and year appear. Overall a minor bug of little impact in-app function.
Bugs seem to need resolved
I love this app and have been using it for a long time. One of my favorite features is the ability to check future dates and see their sunrise/sunset times and total length of daylight. In winter, it’s a nice, concrete reminder that the sunlight is slowly returning. However, the app won’t allow me to look at dates beyond June 30, 2019. I find this very disappointing, and am hoping for an update in the near future that will fix this bug. A great app overall, but this is putting a damper on my enjoyment.
Simple and effective
As a nature sound recordist, I spend almost a quarter of the year camping. Most of that is isolated in the wilderness. I need to keep track of sun rise and set times as well as twilight hours so that I know when to expect certain species to be out and around. This app makes it a simple button press away. Thanks, Pete Smith!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your very kind words. I'm very happy that you find the app so useful :) Thanks again, Peter Smith.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Peter Smith
- 2.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 Peter Smith. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $19.99
- Get Sunrise Times at its best $7.49
- Get Sunrise Times at its best $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.