”Big mistake not being able to turn off the background noise”
"If one were to record this-heavy use of a noise gate would be needed!"
- No,no, you can play with no motor sound. Do not turn on red switch when move to keyboard screen.
"out of tune."
- Yes, We know. But this is the real feeling of M400S serial number 761 manufactured in the '70s
Super Manetron is the vintage tape sampling keyboard for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. Genuine sound sampled from the most famous white body tape sampling keyboard model number of M400S (serial number 761) manufactured in the 70's. You can see an internal mechanism (tape running animation) and can enjoy with eyes and an ear. Feel the live experience the motor noise and inner mechanical sounds were recorded.
- Core MIDI compatible
- 35Kyes of sampled sounds from the M400S serial number 761 manufactured in the 70's.
- 8 sec PCM full sampling sounds each Key
- Scrollable Keyboard & dual Keyboards with switchable key width
- No loop sounds (real performance feeling)
- Pre-loaded with 7 instruments including Flute, 3violins (Strings), Cello, Oboe, 8-voice Choir, Vibes, Brass
- 7 instrument sounds can be set as the favorite position of A,B,C position on setting screen
- A+B, B+C mix sounds position
- The sound of motor and tape rewind mechanical noise
- Tape running animation
- Pitch control by accelerometer
- Built-in Reverb that simulates spring reverb
- Original sounds source are recorded by 96KHz/24 bits
- Compiled under the supervision of Fumitaka Anzai (Famous vintage keyboard player & collector of Japan)
Add MIDI Channel Select Function
How to set channel.
(1) Click "Setting" App
(2) Click "Super Manetron"
(3) Set MIDI Channel
Ratings and Reviews
Very Accurate Sounding
By leaving the tape hiss on every sample and including optional motor and mechanical click sounds, this is hands down the most accurate Mellotron app on iOS. Only slight bummer is that only seven sounds are featured, but they're definitely the most commonly used (3 violins, flute, cello, etc). M3000 has more sounds (both from the start and with in app purchases) but lacks a lot of the character that made the Mellotron an incredibly special instrument (though to be fair, it's still a great app). If I had to choose one, the authenticity of Manetron edges out M3000, but I still use both.
Warts and all
This app is the best sounding Mellotron I've heard yet. Cool mechanical and tape warble sounds that you can veritably add or subtract give this app a pretty authentic sound.
Wish list: more choir racks, midi programmable pitch tone volume knobs. ... but these are minor details. This is a great app
This app sounds great, especially if you run it through one of the amp emulators built into Garageband. Best mellotron app i’ve found; i just wish there were more instrument options to choose from.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.