Superfocus is a goal-setting list app from the creative studio Sing-Sing. In a world of visual overload, our eyes and our minds need a breath of fresh air.
The app’s design is clean, orderly and has no notifications, helping you stay focused on just the essential action items to accomplish any given goal. Superfocus is a place to track your dream projects for the year alongside your daily to do’s.
A video on how to use all the app's features can be found at superfocus.co.
HOW TO USE SUPERFOCUS FOR PROJECTS BIG AND SMALL:
- Add a new project with the "+" icon.
- Add a title.
- Add a due date, or perhaps this is a longer project without one.
- Add all of the tasks needed to get your project done. Add them all at once or along the way, but add them often and keep crossing them off (by swiping).
- Track your project with a beautiful faded mountain view of your progress based on your due date.
- Hit ‘Random’ or the play button on your phone and cycle through all of the projects to see what you’re doing, what you want to do and what you’ve accomplished. A great way to keep in mind that you’re moving towards great things and will accomplish your goals if you stick to it.
- The default color theme is ’Super’ with a bold blue, red and green. Use the ‘Day’ theme for a quiet, more muted version or ‘Night’ for people who work late or don’t want the glow of a screen affecting their vibe.
- Re-Arrange: You can move any project or task by simply touching and holding to reveal the re-arrange icon.
- Want to see all the projects within a certain category in your life? For example, what are all the projects under ‘Art?’ or ‘Family’ or ‘Work’? Click the 3 dots on the left to see your categories in bold type.
- Notes: You can add detailed notes to any task if needed. Keep phone numbers or quick brainstorming thoughts here. They are hidden by default, just click on the task to reveal them.
- Show or Hide Completed Tasks and Projects: To keep it clean, we’ve made it possible to hide all completed tasks and / or projects as they are finished. However, you can always see your accomplished tasks by simply un-clicking ‘Hide Completed Tasks” in the settings page.
- Multi-Platform Access: Superfocus is available for download on the app store as a mobile app, or you can login at superfocus.co through any web browser.
Reach us at Support@Superfocus.co with any questions.
What Others Are Saying:
“What I love about Superfocus is its simplicity. Instead of being overwhelmed by a million things, I’m able to concentrate on what I need to get done. It’s well designed, simple to use, and really motivating for someone like me with so many things on my plate.”
“The visual design style of Superfocus is so simple and clean. Most social media apps deliver a way for us to declare who we are right now by sharing something we just did or ate or thought. But what about things we are in the process of doing? Things we want to accomplish or things we are trying to finish or multitask with...those things can also be a source of anxiety and worry. Superfocus let’s you look forward instead of backward. It reminds you of what you want to do...who you hope to become.”
Greg, Creative Director
“Using Superfocus has really inspired us to get an intern. Laying out all of our projects and tasks in one clean, organized space made it clear to us that we have plenty of work we could use help with!”
Annabella, Filmmaker & Producer
“I love how simple this app is, it’s easy to understand and begin using it everyday. It helped me finally finish a family archiving project.”
Lisa, Teacher & Mother of 3
“It’s so beautiful, I just want to look at my ideas all the time.”
Juliette, Art Educator
- It's now more clear how to add your own categories.
- For adding multiple tasks, a right arrow has been added that mimics the behavior of the "Enter" key.
- Various styling and navigation tweaks.
More Superfocus updates soon, thanks for your feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
A breath of fresh air in a busy to-do list market!
As a creative person that loves to organize my life projects and goals, I appreciate how this app gives me a simple and beautiful way to capture and organize my thoughts on every idea and creative project I've been knocking around. I love this app! It makes me feel like I will be able to capture ideas as I have them without losing a good thought and it also gives me enough space to visualize my goals at a high level without it feeling like a cluttered to-do list. I'm recommending to all my creative friends. ❤️
I’ve never experienced a more frustrating app
Nothing is intuitive about this app. The navigation makes it imposable to find where you are! First instance of using the app has you log in and the call to action button to create and account is just text. Nothing about it says it’s a call to action. I ended up selecting the random back caret in the lower right corner of the screen on accident, and that just cleared it everything I typed. I have no idea what the icons mean in the lower navigation. The play button makes no sense! Why?! And I’ve already run into what I’m hoping are bugs. For instance, I ended up deleting a category that wasn’t useful and now I have no way to add a new one back. Also after adding a project, selecting a date, I’m stuck on the project task screen with nowhere to go but back. Sometimes I see a done “button” floating near the bottom, sometimes I don’t. Overall I’m super disappointed with this app. Simple does not mean strip out all functionality. Way-finding is there for a reason.
Developer Response ,
We just released a new version of the app today (1.03) that addresses some of the issues you were having. Superfocus is a work in progress and will continue to be refined and improved over time.
If you feel the new update is an improvement, please consider updating your review! Honest feedback helps us make the app as good as it can be :)
Great app however........
Although I’m a huge fan of simplicity. It’s a good thing I know my way around apps. Because for someone who isn’t. This app wouldn’t make sense. Hard to navigate on a place where your supposed to type. I wasn’t sure where to click until I magically hit “the sweet spot.” Colors aren’t that great nor are there enough options for customization for colors. I understand the direction you were going with the play button but it’s kinda horrid looking right there. It’s so 90’s. There are other issues too. Overall once you get used to it you can make it work but there other free options out there available that are already easier. At this stage in the game it’s not worth $4.99 that I spent on it. Let’s see what else you can bring to the table as far as updates. For now I won’t be using this app and it will sit in a folder on page 3.
Developer Response ,
We just released a new version today (1.03) that makes certain aspects of the app easier to understand. There is a delicate balance here between minimalism and functionality, and of course this app is a work in progress. Honest feedback like yours helps us get there!
Keep an eye on the app as we have some new features planned for the months ahead :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.