BIG SCREEN RECOMMENDED, use iPad or iPhone 6/6+
Fight to be the winning Protostar! Make your opponent go SuperNova by launching comets at their Protostar!
In this 1v1 fast paced strategy game, players compete on the same device.
Note: Multiplayer only!
How to play:
- Take control of a living, growing star.
- Tap your star to fire a comet
- or draw the paths of your comets and hit your opponent's star before he hits you!
- Your star grows over time, and shrinks when you fire comets.
- Upgrade your star by tapping and holding on it. Now you grow faster, but you shrink while upgrading!
- Winner takes all: His very own solar system with nice little planets.
Play against your friends in the same room, on the same iPad. We want to bring friends together in a board game like experience, duking it out in real time.
We aim for this to be a new timeless classic like chess, in all modesty ;-)
Supernova Duel boils down modern Real Time Strategy games (RTS), to simple yet challenging mechanics.
Since the game is still in development, questions, suggestions and problems are very much appreciated at firstname.lastname@example.org :)
A message from the game designer Jan Borg:
I wanted to challenge myself to make a game that is fun at social gatherings, and encouraging competition among friends. The hard part was to make a simple strategy game that is cut down to the most core strategic elements. It was exciting to try and convert the feeling from strategy board games into a real time experience. Unfortunately, it is not practical to have real time strategy games without digital assistance, so the iPad was chosen as optimal platform for this experiment.
I wanted the game to feature recognizable elements from normal strategy games:
- Upgrading (tap and hold star)
- Attack (send out comets towards enemy star)
- Defense (send out comets against incoming enemy comets)
- Resource management (balancing attack, defense and upgrading)
- Tactics (choose an unpredictable route for your comets or make a timing attack when opponent is weak after upgrading)
Good luck - have fun!
Please support us by leaving a review, if you like the game :)
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t work on phone
I know it says that it’s better for larger screens, but I was disappointed that I could barely play with my friend because we kept getting in each others way. Otherwise it’s a really cool idea for a local 1v1 game on iPad.
Most modern Triple A games have a tough time catching up with their competitors or surpassing the previous expectations set by themselves. This game however cannot be beaten or surpassed by another in its category because it is the one and only. It is the CHOSEN ONE this game will bring peace and harmony to the unity world… you ever wonder why the unity engine is called the unity engine. It is because of this game. This game UNITES the gaming industry it is the UNITY of the world itself. The metaphors set by the “supernovas” show that mistakes disappear and your actions moving ahead truly demonstrate your victory in life. All people should aspire to be like this. Be a super nova BE THE STAR OF YOUR GALAXY
I like everything in this game but the cello music after a game ends. I would greatly prefer violin music because Violin sounds nicer. If you do not change it, please at least add a way to toggle between the two instruments.
The developer, jan borg, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- jan borg
- 48 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 - Borg Interactive