SuperScan is a fast IP scanner for discovering devices connected to your network.
▪ Fast IP scanner that detects known and unknown devices connected to your network.
▪ Detects hostnames, determines the MAC address, and in some cases can auto-detect device type (phone, laptop, router, etc).
▪ User selectable icon for discovered devices is saved for future scans.
▪ Scanning results can be saved to CSV file via menu export option.
- Improvements for Catalina
Ratings and Reviews
Its free so I cannot complain that much
Does not support Paste in the “Name of Device” field. Having a continuous scan option would be nice is you are adding a new device and need to see it added to the network so you know what DHCP address it picked up.
Its good as long as your devices respond to ICMP requests. Found 35 objects on a 46 object network, it doesn’t check for any open ports so it doens’t know that the device exists. Not bad for a free app.
Still needs work
After trying to use the app for the past week or so, turns out it needs a lot more work. It only finds around 6 devices in my network out of more than 23 devices, thought it was because of inactivity, other apps show better results than this one. Still needs a lot of work..! Its a basic app, if it just does what it says on the cover would be a great app.
Developer Response ,
Please try updated version and let us know if you still have issues finding devices.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.