Ever wondered what time your cat went out for their morning prowl? Worked late and worried about whether your pet had enough food to eat at home? Or wanted reassurance that your pet was coming, going, eating and drinking normally while you’re not there?
Using the Sure Petcare App with Sure Petcare Connected products – including the SureFlap® Microchip Cat Flap Connect, SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect, SureFeed® Microchip Pet Feeder Connect and the Felaqua® Connect – allows you to do all of this and more from your phone. Whether you’re at home or away, you can enjoy a closer connection with your pet and relax in the knowledge that they’re enjoying the freedom and security they deserve.
Features of the Sure Petcare app
• View all of your Sure Petcare connected products in one place, to get a clearer overall picture of your pet’s day-to-day activity, behaviour, feeding and drinking.
• View your pet’s dashboard for a snapshot of their day: how much time have they spent outside? When did they last eat? How much did they drink? and much more.
• Monitor your pet’s activity and behaviour patterns over time. Understanding your pet’s ‘usual’ routines makes it easier to spot anomalies which may indicate changes in health and wellbeing.
• Receive notifications of events such as when your pet eats, drinks and enters/exits via the pet door.
• Invite friends, family and pet sitters to share access to your household via their own app account - no more sharing passwords. Manage their permissions to grant them the appropriate level of access.
Note: The Sure Petcare app only works with Sure Petcare ‘Connect’ products and requires a Sure Petcare Hub for connection. If you have purchased a Sure Petcare Animo® dog Activity and Behaviour Monitor, please download the Sure Petcare – Animo app.
SureFlap Microchip Cat Flap Connect & Microchip Pet Door Connect
• Remotely lock or unlock the door anytime, from anywhere.
• Set a curfew routine to keep pets in at specified times during the day (one curfew per day for the Microchip Pet Door Connect or up to four curfews per day for the Microchip Cat Flap Connect).
• Know when your pet leaves or enters your home.
• Monitor your pet’s day-to-day comings and goings. Understanding your pet’s ‘usual’ routine can help you to spot changes which may indicate changes in your pet’s health and wellbeing.
• Microchip Cat Flap Connect Only: control entry and exit permissions per pet.
SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect
• Set portion sizes for up to two types of food (oz or g). You can then weigh food portions accurately using the feeder’s integrated scales and portion indicator lights.
• Check when your pet last ate and how much food is left in their bowl.
• Monitor your pet’s feeding behaviour over time – see how much, how often and when they eat. A change in feeding behaviour can be a key indicator of a change in health or wellbeing.
• Check when the pet sitter last fed your pet when you are away from home.
• Felaqua Connect monitors how much, how often and when your cat drinks each day and reports it to you via the Sure Petcare app.
• View water consumption reports by day, week, month or six months, making it easy to spot significant changes in water consumption.
• Receive a notification whenever your cat drinks from Felaqua Connect, for real-time reassurance when you are away from home.
• Receive a notification when the water in the reservoir needs to be replenished.
• New product added - Felaqua® Connect monitors how much, how often and when your cat drinks each day and reports it to you via the Sure Petcare app.
• Improved notification rules – select the notifications you wish to receive from the Sure Petcare app, change this at any time to best fit your life so you always feel connected to your pets.
• New languages added to app - Finnish, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese, Portuguese, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
• Performance enhancements, UI improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Bad app, good equipment
The hardware is fine, but expensive. The app is poorly built. There are many UI problems, but there is one unforgivable error. The kind of error that makes me question their ability to make basic decisions. The pet activity is tied directly to the device. If that device fails or loses connection, all of the pet information is gone. So my pet has been eating for a week, but because the pathetic hub lost the connection, now my pet “has never used a device.” That is a lie. And it is a baby level coding mistake.
And also, I went ahead and sent this in an email to support. So I don’t need that tip.
Another review said fine when it works, worrying when it doesn’t. Doesn’t update exits and entrances in all parts of the App, missing functionality like setting individual curfew times, door not locking really at the set curfew time and misinformation on the cat’s whereabouts at night in the middle of a harsh winter storm, and notes having the cat enter multiple times in a row and never leaving. All in all it’s disappointing.
Update: Unreliable! Cat somehow escaped during the curfew hours (I double and triple checked my time
Settings on curfew) and figured that it was possible maybe due to ice freezing the locks. However, there was no record of my cat leaving. This meant searching the house and finally outside in -4 C frigid winter at midnight to find him. Very worrying. This morning, both cats left the house through the door (after manually unlocking it) but there was no notification. I clarify my earlier statement to say: always worrying, never fine - actually worse than having a cat door that doesn’t claim to tell you where your cat is. You can never really know for sure. In this case it’s just better for your peace of mind to control the door yourself in the old fashioned way. That way you really know where they are.
Developer Response ,
Hi MightyGMG. I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the app and the cat flap.
Can you please contact our customer service team on email@example.com to see if we can find a solution for you.
Please make sure to include your email address you use with the app and the serial number of your cat flap.
We will help as best as we can!
Feeder Connect Review
There was no realistic solution for feeding five cats, three of which require specific prescription foods, until I found the Sure Pet Feeder Connect. Now, I can closely monitor each cats intake, complete with two different graph views & more data than a nerd could dream of.
I use this app exclusively for use with 5 units connected through one hub. I am absolutely thrilled with the intuitive nature of the app and ease of use.
Development request/recommendation: It would be great to be able to store two feeding profiles for each pet. Essentially, to be able to store information for the split bowl as well as the single bowl so that you don’t have to enter portioning info every time you switch between the two.
Developer Response ,
Hi DevoneDevo! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review! We are always looking for ways to improve our app and products in the future and will be sure to consider your suggestions!
Thank you again!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SUREFLAP LTD
- 103.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 SureFlap Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.