Ever wondered what time your cat went out for their morning prowl? Worked late and worried about whether your pet had enough food to eat at home? Or wanted reassurance that your pet was coming, going, eating and drinking normally while you’re not there?
Using the Sure Petcare App with Sure Petcare Connected products – including the SureFlap® Microchip Cat Flap Connect, SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect, SureFeed® Microchip Pet Feeder Connect and the Felaqua® Connect – allows you to do all of this and more from your phone. Whether you’re at home or away, you can enjoy a closer connection with your pet and relax in the knowledge that they’re enjoying the freedom and security they deserve.
Features of the Sure Petcare app
• View all of your Sure Petcare connected products in one place, to get a clearer overall picture of your pet’s day-to-day activity, behaviour, feeding and drinking.
• View your pet’s dashboard for a snapshot of their day: how much time have they spent outside? When did they last eat? How much did they drink? and much more.
• Monitor your pet’s activity and behaviour patterns over time. Understanding your pet’s ‘usual’ routines makes it easier to spot anomalies which may indicate changes in health and wellbeing.
• Receive notifications of events such as when your pet eats, drinks and enters/exits via the pet door.
• Invite friends, family and pet sitters to share access to your household via their own app account - no more sharing passwords. Manage their permissions to grant them the appropriate level of access.
Note: The Sure Petcare app only works with Sure Petcare ‘Connect’ products and requires a Sure Petcare Hub for connection. If you have purchased a Sure Petcare Animo® dog Activity and Behaviour Monitor, please download the Sure Petcare – Animo app.
SureFlap Microchip Cat Flap Connect & Microchip Pet Door Connect
• Remotely lock or unlock the door anytime, from anywhere.
• Set a curfew routine to keep pets in at specified times during the day (one curfew per day for the Microchip Pet Door Connect or up to four curfews per day for the Microchip Cat Flap Connect).
• Know when your pet leaves or enters your home.
• Monitor your pet’s day-to-day comings and goings. Understanding your pet’s ‘usual’ routine can help you to spot changes which may indicate changes in your pet’s health and wellbeing.
• Microchip Cat Flap Connect Only: control entry and exit permissions per pet.
SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect
• Set portion sizes for up to two types of food (oz or g). You can then weigh food portions accurately using the feeder’s integrated scales and portion indicator lights.
• Check when your pet last ate and how much food is left in their bowl.
• Monitor your pet’s feeding behaviour over time – see how much, how often and when they eat. A change in feeding behaviour can be a key indicator of a change in health or wellbeing.
• Check when the pet sitter last fed your pet when you are away from home.
• Felaqua Connect monitors how much, how often and when your cat drinks each day and reports it to you via the Sure Petcare app.
• View water consumption reports by day, week, month or six months, making it easy to spot significant changes in water consumption.
• Receive a notification whenever your cat drinks from Felaqua Connect, for real-time reassurance when you are away from home.
• Receive a notification when the water in the reservoir needs to be replenished.
Performance enhancements, UI improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
What a pain
This clunky app has one of the most unnecessarily involved setup procedures I’ve seen in a while. First of all, keep in mind that this controls pet doors and feeders (I have a door only), not nuclear submarines. There is no justifiable reason for insisting on a password including a mix of upper case, AND lower case, AND a number, AND a special character. That level of security-theatre complexity accomplishes nothing other than to make a user’s life a tiny bit more difficult.
To add a pet, you need to supply the pet’s name (ok, that much makes sense) but other MANDATORY fields include their d.o.b. (Do you even know what day your cat was born?), their weight (most cats lie about that anyway), and their exact breed, which I had to guess to get past this useless requirement. Also required is your pet’s “dietary restrictions” even if you are just using it to control a door. Again, these are all -required- fields that serve no purpose whatsoever in terms of the product’s operation with a door. In general, the user experience and navigation is a chore. Oh, and don’t even get me started about their website!
On the bright side, so far it seems to work as promised.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thank you for leaving your feedback. If you would like more information about why we ask this, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Promising product with some major flaws
This app does not notify when battery levels for the microchip cat door fall to the point where the device does not work properly. The door will remain unlocked 24x7, or remain locked trapping a cat outside, and you wouldn't know any of this from the app
App is completely unaware of smart time zones and DST. I have to manually pick my location and switch time zones. Super lazy devs, there are apis for this and this is the first time zone-dumb app I found on my smartphone
There is zero indication of the curfew status. Is you door letting cats out this very moment due to TZ and curfew settings? No way to know from the app. Obvious easy addition here, especially since it is time zone-deaf and I'm never sure what the actual hour window is
What I really want is the above but also a curfew setting for "daylight hours" where the app figures out daylight in this latitude and time zone and automatically adjusts the curfew as seasons change
Anyway, the first thee issues are critical. I live in an area with coyotes and bobcats, cats are inside at night for safety. When the app fails to notify that the device is malfunctioning due to low battery this puts my pets at risk.
Developer Response ,
Hi there Stutoo! Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention! If you have not done so already, can you please contact email@example.com with these details so that the team can look into this further for you!
Doesn’t Weight Food Accurately - Customer Service Worthless
Got the connected microchip feeder and the food weight on the app is off by a whole 1/2 cup no matter if I use cups or grams as measuring metric which totally defeats the purpose of buying the connected feeder vs the one that doesn’t use the app to monitor. Now this happened with a BRAND NEW unit right out of the box. The issue is in the weight scales integrated into the feeder.
After reaching out to support and answering their questions AND even providing a video showing the issue in real time via email all customer support did was pass it on the next person who instead of reading my response to the first set of questions proceeded to just repost the SAME questions again. After I pointed out I already answered and waiting days again for a response I just at that point wanted a refund. Worthless product and worthless customer service. Still got no response for days so then had to submit yet ANOTHER support ticket just for the refund. Which I then finally got a shipping label for.
Do NOT buy the connect microchip feeder for the extra $130 + cost of hub. Not worth it. Just buy the regular one that isn’t app connected and add in the regular amount of food you normally do and monitor yourself.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SUREFLAP LTD
- 106.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2022 Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA and its affiliates. All rights reserved.