“Surfline is my go-to every day to know where to go. I’ve used it from day one and will be a lifetime Premium Member.” – Rob Machado
“I've relied on Surfline's forecasts on tour for years, and now I count on Surfline Premium to score good waves here at home." – Owen Wright
Surfline, the most trusted name in surf forecasting, has been helping surfers of all skill levels find great waves since 1985. Get exclusive access to the world’s largest network of surf cams, live surf reports, and long range swell forecasts for thousands of surf spots worldwide.
- 700+ Surf Cams: View live surf conditions and see what’s happening at your favorite local spots. Watch the action unfold at world famous surf breaks like Pipeline, Waimea Bay, Wedge, Maverick's, Nazaré, Teahupoo and Uluwatu.
- Favorite Spots: Save your favorite spots, surf cams, and swell forecasts all in one place with quick, easy access.
- Daily Surf Reports: View reports for hundreds of surf spots around the world from Surfline’s team of expert forecasters. Know when the wind turns offshore, when the swell will arrive, what the water temperature is, and what time the tide drops.
- Swell Event Coverage: When the waves are good, you can count on the Surfline Swell Event team to be there and cover them in all their glory. So even if you can’t make it to the action yourself you can watch the biggest and best surf sessions around the globe as they unfold…live.
- News, Gear, and Travel Info: Dig into exclusive surf news, travel, training and gear content to help you surf better and celebrate the surf experience and culture.
- Use a compatible smart watch to capture tailored videos of your surf sessions anytime you surf in front of a Surfline camera. Create a video recording of your best clips and, if you choose, share with your surfing community. **This feature uses HealthKit to monitor and record your calories and heart rate while you surf.
We've added the ability to personalize messages based on your preferences for feature updates, new cameras, and steps you can take to better your app experience.
We've also fixed a bug in the app the may have prevented you from using your last Surf Check within a week.
- On your last Surf Check each week, you will be able to check as many spots, cams, and forecasts as you'd like in a single session.
Ratings and Reviews
we’ve all benefitted from Surfline
The new checks feature may not be everyone’s favorite, but it’s still free. If you’ve used the free version for years, it’s maybe a bummer in some ways now, but it wasn’t like Surfline stole money from you. A lot of people are quick to say nasty things, but Surfline has given everyone I know who surfs valuable information. They’re not always accurate, but neither is any other forecasting service. I love being able to see the tides, winds,& direction of swell so many days out. I’ve saved a lot of time and energy by being able to glance at cams. I’ve known what days were worth waking up early. Recommend doing some of your own research and buoy data gathering as well so that Surfline can help make decisions for you, and not be your sole source of information. It seems like a lot of discontent arises from people who expect Surfline to be a perfect crystal ball. That’s just not realistic. No one or model can do that yet. Isn’t Netflix about 100$ a year too? Isn’t surfing better than Netflix ?
Great Platform - Opportunities for Continuous Improvement
Surfline is the most comprehensive platform yet for surfaholics. The team seems like they are genuinely interested in putting out the best product possible. There are occasionally issues with cameras being down, and I think that especially for my local breaks in Central FL the camera angles could be better. I’m not a fan of cameras that pan because it seems like every time I have a good ride the camera is pointed away from me, but the app is easy to use and generally captures all my rides and even attempts on GPS. Sometimes it pulls random video where I didn’t even attempt to paddle for a wave, but I would rather go through the extra footage than miss a ride.
One thing I would really like to see is an improved iPadOS interface. It seems like it is just a scaled version of the mobile interface and the way it is cropped is weird and can be kind of disorienting when navigating through the app.
Overall it is a great experience, and I like the effort being put into cross-app connectivity because I think it is good for surfing as a whole, growing the community, increasing awareness of how our actions impact the ecosystems we rely on for recreation, and sharing the stoke. Looking forward to seeing where this platform goes in the future!
Still The Best Surf App/Website
Yes I agree that the ads are a bore (but there aren't any though if you're a Premium member), but it's a minor nuisance to bear for access to accurate reports and a beautiful interface with the most cams available. It occasionally has crashed on me too but rarely recently. For my 80 or so bucks per year Premium subscription for extended web forecasts, having this companion App is a dream and i actually use it more than the website everyday. Well worth the cash and minor nuisances - when the App is down due to location reception issues, going directly to Surfline Mobile on the internet usually will work unless one's cell signal is close to nonexistent. I agree that controllable cameras would be ideal but with their subscribership it would probably be impossible (can you imagine playing camera tug of war with 5000 Chads and Kimos at your favorite spot). Let's stop whining - you pay more and it isn't perfect but it's pretty darn good. Disclaimer - I'm not on their payroll).
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 189.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Surfline/Wavetrak, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Surfline Premium $9.99
- Surfline Premium $95.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.