SWAM Bass Tuba 4+
Expressive Modeled Brass
SWAM is fully mobile now! SWAM Solo Brass are now available on any iOS Device. The most realistic Solo Brass in your pocket.
SWAM Solo Brass has arrived on iOS! The incredibly powerful Physical Modeling technology is now MOBILE. Extreme Expressivity and Realism delivered in a package of only 46 MB
These instruments are NOT sample libraries. Unlike sampling, which uses recordings to replicate the sound of an instrument, physical modeling doesn’t generate a sound as such but creates the conditions for the system to create it according to an external input (like someone playing on a keyboard).
With our SWAM Bass Tuba for iOS, you now have the unique ability to express yourself with all the emotions and subtleties of a natural string instrument sound as played by a real player, in any style — from classical to film scoring and even microtonal music.
SWAM Bass Tuba for iOS can be used as a standalone instrument for playing in real-time, or as a plug-in for mobile music production. Play with your favorite external controller or directly from your iOS device through our intuitive interface, friendly for blind and visually impaired users.
With SWAM Bass Tuba for iOS you can:
- Explore our collection of presets, create your own, or import them from your Desktop
- Play in real-time using the standalone version of the app
- Play with different instrument bodies
- Play in a variety of styles like a real player
Control the instrument’s expressivity in real-time directly through the touch control interface on your iPhone or iPad including the exclusive virtual bowing touch surface!
- Play and control the instrument’s expressivity in real-time using your favorite external controller (ROLI Seaboard, Akai EWI, breath controllers, regular keyboards, and more)
- Use the included AUv3 plugin version to produce music with a mobile setup
- Use the included AUv3 plugin version in combination with Camelot PRO for live performances
- Adjust every aspect of the instrument’s sound (timbre, vibrato, amount of air, etc.) through an easy-to-use control panel
- Micro-tune the instrument through the Pitch Manager (note: MAQAM device is supported with direct integration)
- Add built-in effects such as Reverb, EQ, and Compressor
- Have access to easy MIDI control configurations
The SWAM Bass Tuba for iOS is for you if:
- You’re a wind controller player looking for a mobile setup to perform live without needing a computer while still having an incredible sound.
- You’re a keyboard player and feeling frustrated by the limited expressive capabilities normal sample-based plugins give you.
- You’re a music producer looking for a mobile setup to produce music from anywhere without having to carry around expensive gear.
- You’re looking for a virtual instrument that allows you to express the full range of your musicality easily on your iPhone or iPad.
IMPORTANT: If you choose to play using an external controller, please note that a controller with the ability to continuously control the expression (like an expression pedal, breath controller, MPE device, wind controller, …) is REQUIRED. The same way real players need a bow to express themself on their instrument, SWAM Bass Tuba needs something to control its expressivity. SWAM instruments do not work with just note-on velocity.
- AUv3 view improvement: removed header to increase controls space (only for iPad)
- Added latency compensation
- Added search bar for preset lists
- MIDI Preset list: improved sorting
- Micro Tuning control by KeySwitches
- iPhone: display of Transpose and Microtuning values in Home Page
- Note out of range warning
- AUv3 plugin: crash when opening Settings pages in portrait mode
- Mapping header behaving erroneously
- iPhone: mapping curve view not updated after MIDI learn
- iPhone: missing warning messages
- SysEx messages: plugins receive F0 twice
- iPhone: MAQAM not working properly
- Microtuning - Yamaha XG SysEx protocol: note out of range wrong behavior
- Fixed Cavit Scale Ultimate SysEx protocol
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Audio Modeling Srl
- 33.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 - 2023 Audio Modeling Srl
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.