The best acoustic instruments emulation on iPad! Play like a pro: join Audio Modeling Family and start making music in a new different, exciting way!
SWAM Solo Woodwinds has arrived on iOS!
Audio Modeling is excited to announce the release of SWAM Solo Woodwinds v3 for iPad. Version 3 brings a range of performance and usability enhancements to what have historically been some of Audio Modeling’s most popular virtual instruments.
These instruments are NOT sample libraries. Unlike sampled instruments, which playback a LOT of recordings to replicate the sound of an instrument, physical modeling emulates the way an acoustic instrument produces sound and allows that to be played from a keyboard or other controller.
Our SWAM Clarinet for iPad gives you the unique ability to express yourself with all the emotions and subtleties of a natural acoustic instrument sound as played by a real player, in any style from classical, jazz, or pop, to film scores, or even microtonal music.
SWAM Clarinet for iPad can be played as a standalone instrument for real-time performance, or as a plugin for music production on the go. Play it from your favorite external controller or directly on the iPad using our intuitive interface.
With SWAM Clarinet for iPad you can:
- Explore factory presets, create your own, or import them from your desktop computer.
- Play in real-time using the standalone version of the app.
- Experiment with different instrument bodies.
- Play in a variety of styles like a real player.
- Play the instrument using the iPad as an expressive touch controller.
- Play the instrument with real-time expression using your favorite external controller (ROLI Seaboard, Akai EWI, breath controllers, standard keyboards, and more).
- Use the included AUv3 plugin version to produce music with a mobile setup
- Use the included AUv3 plugin version in combination with Camelot Pro for live performances.
- Adjust every aspect of the instrument’s sound (timbre, vibrato, amount of air, etc.) through an easy-to-use control panel.
- Micro-tune the instrument using the Pitch Manager.
- Add built-in effects such as Reverb, EQ, and Compressor.
- Have access to easy MIDI control configurations.
The SWAM Clarinet for iPad is for you if you are:
- a wind controller player looking for a mobile setup to perform live without needing a computer, while still having an incredible sound.
- a keyboard player frustrated by the limited expressive capabilities of sample-based plugins.
- a music producer looking for a mobile setup to produce music from anywhere without having to carry around expensive gear.
- looking for a virtual instrument that allows you to express the full range of your musicality easily on your iPad.
- Hybrid technology between samples and physical modeling for the highest realism and control
- Standalone version, AUv3 plugin, IAA support
- User Experience (UX) designed and optimized for iPad
- Standing wave visualization
- Extensive MIDI mapping
- Plug&Play MIDI presets for several expressive controllers
- Bluetooth MIDI support (for Standalone version)
- Slide pipe model: bend continuously up to +/-12 semitones
- Breathy ppp option to increase realism at lowest dynamics
- Engine sound parameters to get any kind of sounds, organized by groups: Expressivity, Play Modes, Timbre, Pitch, EQ&FX
- Preset management ,with selective save&load, import&export
- Microtuning support, presets, and MAQAM support
IMPORTANT: All SWAM instruments REQUIRE a MIDI continuous expression controller, (expression pedal, breath controller, MPE device, wind controller, etc.). MIDI note-on velocity is not enough. Think of it like this: a sax player must blow to be expressive; merely fingering the keys is insufficient.
- Added “DigiBrass Default” MIDI Mapping Preset
- Added “update preset library” button
- Resources loading on plugin creation (only for AUv3)
- Improved resources loading stability
- Accessibility: improved navigation
- Improved stability when WiFi is turned off
- Fixed “MIDI Controller Mapping” label (Only for iPad 12.9'')
Ratings and Reviews
This is it!
I use a MIDI breath controller called the DM48 digital harmonica. Nothing comes close to these sounds, even surpassing my VL70 turbo module- which has been the best modeled brass used by breath control folks for many years. (Ewi’s, etc) My live rig is now an ipad and a Roland Cube, versus a rather hefty rack of modules and a mixing board. Take the time to tweak the sounds, there are an infinite number of nuances you can implement, mutes, growls, overblows, and even the specific tone for just your default horn. It’s easy to save presets, I have some that are set up just for particular songs. For me, this is a big game changer, I’ve been waiting for the IOS versions to drop- so glad they’re here!!!
For some reason I can never review the bundles I’ve bought, but I. Pretty Much am only missing the saxophones as of now and am only missing them cause d..... are these instruments expensive!
Now, don’t get me wrong, they are MORE THAN WORTH IT, but releasing 300+ dollars of plugins in a single month is a hard thing to keep up with as a lover/consumer of Audio Modeling.
If you need actual expressivity from the instruments you want to use, the ones offered by Audio Modeling are and will probably be the closest to reality you will get, as of now and for a long time. These instruments are just fantastic.
What I’d like to see:
-iPhone version (a long time ago I was told this was on the works, hopefully it still is)
-3D Touch on iPhones as a source for modulation (like geoshred or Ifretlessbass)
-Guitars, please guitars and basses!
Note: some user is giving these apps bad reviews based on their usage in GarageBand.... please ignore these, they are not too informed on the matter:
GarageBand is completely useless, If you’re spending 20+ dollars on one of these instruments PLEASE make yourself a favor and choose a better daw. Most of these are at most worth 20 dollars themselves.
No point in blaming audio modeling for the terrible usability of an Apple app. Get NanoStudio, AUM, AoeMatrix, Audio Evolution Mobile Pro... so many options, just switch already.
Second point: the same user mentions that the issues he has are probably never going to be fixed as they would have to be fixed for all Audio Modeling Apps... yes, he is right about the second part, but as a programmer I can guarantee you it is precisely the fact that they all pretty much are the same app with different instruments as their only variation, that allows devs to fix ALL issues for ALL apps in parallel. It’s not like they have to fix the same mistake 30 times, they fix it once and then re-publish the apps, that’s all. So any issues you might have with these apps, WILL probably be fixed rather ASAP IMO.
SWAM + Dorico for iPad OS = 👍🏼👍🏼💯
For many years composers wanting to work in the iPad OS eco system had a lot of fun with all the great synths and DAWs available for the iOS platform, but many of us have been waiting for a major notation program (Notion iOS has always been very good, although it’s not given the credit it deserves - I’ve composed entire film scores in Notion iOS, so there ya go…), but even more pressing was the lack of 3rd party orchestral instruments. Until now!
SWAM instruments are the missing link. They are AMAZING! Seriously. A++ Sure, we could use ensembles and stage positioning, (mic positions, impulse responses or both), and that’s ok, because iPad OS has become a rapidly evolving platform with the introduction of the Apple M1 SoC, so everything will be fine in tine.
Within just the last year we saw Notion iOS, Symphony 6, Dorico for iPad OS, StaffPad for iPad and Sibelius for iPad OS, (where ya at Finale???!!! - I knew you guys were going to blow it - unbelievable 🙄). And then SWAM showed up and WOW!
VERDICT: Right now, for serious work, the combination of Dorico and SWAM instruments brought the iPad into the “pro league”. Yeah, I can score a cue on a park bench. It’s a cliche I know. But I do it and it’s glorious! It’s liberating. It’s changed my workflow. My compositional output has increased exponentially.
The iPad Pro with Dorico and SWAM is as important as the Mac and Finale was back in the day.
When Cubasis can import video, and SWAM gets staging, I’ll probably take my iPad Pro to Yosemite, and never return!
Thank you AudioModeling, Steinberg, Presonus, Moog, and Apple! You’ve changed the world of composing.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Audio Modeling Srl
- 95.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Audio Modeling Srl
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.