Get them all and save with Bundles! Get the entire collection or complete the bundle if you already have one or more instruments! One instrument is FREE!
SWAM Solo Strings has arrived on iOS! The incredibly powerful Physical Modeling technology is now MOBILE. Extreme Expressivity and Realism delivered in a package of only 46 MB
These instruments are NOT sample libraries. Unlike sampling, which uses recordings to replicate the sound of an instrument, physical modeling doesn’t generate a sound as such but creates the conditions for the system to create it according to an external input (like someone playing on a keyboard).
With our SWAM Double Bass for iPad, you now have the unique ability to express yourself with all the emotions and subtleties of a natural string instrument sound as played by a real player, in any style — from classical to film scoring and even microtonal music.
SWAM Double Bass for iPad can be used as a standalone instrument for playing in real-time, or as a plug-in for mobile music production. Play with your favorite external controller or directly from the iPad through our intuitive interface.
With SWAM Double Bass for iPad you can:
- Explore our collection of presets, create your own, or import them from your Desktop
- Play in real-time using the standalone version of the app
- Play with different instrument bodies
- Play in a variety of styles like a real player
Control the instrument’s expressivity in real-time directly through the touch control interface on your iPad including the exclusive virtual bowing touch surface!
- Play and control the instrument’s expressivity in real-time using your favorite external controller (ROLI Seaboard, Akai EWI, breath controllers, regular keyboards, and more)
- Use the included AUv3 plugin version to produce music with a mobile setup
- Use the included AUv3 plugin version in combination with Camelot PRO for live performances
- Adjust every aspect of the instrument’s sound (timbre, vibrato, amount of air, etc.) through an easy-to-use control panel
- Micro-tune the instrument through the Pitch Manager
- Add built-in effects such as Reverb, EQ, and Compressor
- Have access to easy MIDI control configurations
The SWAM Double Bass for iPad is for you if:
- You’re a wind controller player looking for a mobile setup to perform live without needing a computer while still having an incredible sound.
- You’re a keyboard player and feeling frustrated by the limited expressive capabilities normal sample-based plugins give you.
- You’re a music producer looking for a mobile setup to produce music from anywhere without having to carry around expensive gear.
- You’re looking for a virtual instrument that allows you to express the full range of your musicality easily on your iPad.
IMPORTANT: If you choose to play using an external controller, please note that a controller with the ability to continuously control the expression (like an expression pedal, breath controller, MPE device, wind controller, …) is REQUIRED. The same way real players need a bow to express themself on their instrument, SWAM Double Bass needs something to control its expressivity. SWAM instruments do not work with just note-on velocity.
- Added Note Off Velocity parameter: ON - get legato retrigger velocity from note off velocity (if supported), OFF - fixed velocity
- Improved MIDI Controller Mapping header and icons
- Improved Breath Controller mode
- Fixed some AUv3 view issues
- Wind controllers: prevent stuck notes under some circumstances
- Portamento time for Classic presets
- EMEO Default preset: pitch bend +/- 2
- Roland Aerophone Preset: linear remapping curve
Ratings and Reviews
Walking Bass is phenomenal for jazz & bluegrass
Sounds great, works very well when played from my 35 year old midi keyboard w/expression pedal lol
Sometimes I also play it using my guitar while running it through midi guitar 2, which is very fun to do.
The walking bass setting is amazing, don’t use the bow settings all that much, but they also sound great.
An absolute steal at the price they charge here. A must-have for any garage / bedroom producing hobbyists or for performing live. Throw a little bit of reverb on there and the casual listener would have a hard time telling the difference between this and the real thing - and it sounds so good that even those who can tell the difference would still appreciate it!
Worth every penny
More Like a Keyboard/Synth than a REAL Bass
So….. I bought this to do some jazz, with an upright bass being plucked. I was sooOOooo disappointed. It really sounds more like a keyboard or a synth trying to “emulate” a bass, than a real bass.
I have some software; Trilian by Spectrasonices that I use as a VST instrument that is absolutely phenomenal!! But sadly….this software is pretty poor. Especially for the price.
Save your money. You probably have a synth bass patch that will get you about the same sound as this software; without spending extra.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Audio Modeling Srl
- 44.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Audio Modeling Srl
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.