The best acoustic instruments emulation on iPad! Play like a pro: join Audio Modeling Family and start making music in a new different, exciting way!
SWAM Solo Woodwinds has arrived on iOS!
Audio Modeling is excited to announce the release of SWAM Solo Woodwinds v3 for iPad. Version 3 brings a range of performance and usability enhancements to what have historically been some of Audio Modeling’s most popular virtual instruments.
These instruments are NOT sample libraries. Unlike sampled instruments, which playback a LOT of recordings to replicate the sound of an instrument, physical modeling emulates the way an acoustic instrument produces sound and allows that to be played from a keyboard or other controller.
Our SWAM Tenor Sax for iPad gives you the unique ability to express yourself with all the emotions and subtleties of a natural acoustic instrument sound as played by a real player, in any style from classical, jazz, or pop, to film scores, or even microtonal music.
SWAM Tenor Sax for iPad can be played as a standalone instrument for real-time performance, or as a plugin for music production on the go. Play it from your favorite external controller or directly on the iPad using our intuitive interface.
With SWAM Tenor Sax for iPad you can:
- Explore factory presets, create your own, or import them from your desktop computer.
- Play in real-time using the standalone version of the app.
- Experiment with different instrument bodies.
- Play in a variety of styles like a real player.
- Play the instrument using the iPad as an expressive touch controller.
- Play the instrument with real-time expression using your favorite external controller (ROLI Seaboard, Akai EWI, breath controllers, standard keyboards, and more).
- Use the included AUv3 plugin version to produce music with a mobile setup
- Use the included AUv3 plugin version in combination with Camelot Pro for live performances.
- Adjust every aspect of the instrument’s sound (timbre, vibrato, amount of air, etc.) through an easy-to-use control panel.
- Micro-tune the instrument using the Pitch Manager.
- Add built-in effects such as Reverb, EQ, and Compressor.
- Have access to easy MIDI control configurations.
The SWAM Tenor Sax for iPad is for you if you are:
- a wind controller player looking for a mobile setup to perform live without needing a computer, while still having an incredible sound.
- a keyboard player frustrated by the limited expressive capabilities of sample-based plugins.
- a music producer looking for a mobile setup to produce music from anywhere without having to carry around expensive gear.
- looking for a virtual instrument that allows you to express the full range of your musicality easily on your iPad.
- Hybrid technology between samples and physical modeling for the highest realism and control
- Standalone version, AUv3 plugin, IAA support
- User Experience (UX) designed and optimized for iPad
- Standing wave visualization
- Extensive MIDI mapping
- Plug&Play MIDI presets for several expressive controllers
- Bluetooth MIDI support (for Standalone version)
- Slide pipe model: bend continuously up to +/-12 semitones
- Breathy ppp option to increase realism at lowest dynamics
- Engine sound parameters to get any kind of sounds, organized by groups: Expressivity, Play Modes, Timbre, Pitch, EQ&FX
- Preset management ,with selective save&load, import&export
- Microtuning support, presets, and MAQAM support
IMPORTANT: All SWAM instruments REQUIRE a MIDI continuous expression controller, (expression pedal, breath controller, MPE device, wind controller, etc.). MIDI note-on velocity is not enough. Think of it like this: a sax player must blow to be expressive; merely fingering the keys is insufficient.
- Added “DigiBrass Default” MIDI Mapping Preset
- Added “update preset library” button
- Resources loading on plugin creation (only for AUv3)
- Improved resources loading stability
- Accessibility: improved navigation
- Improved stability when WiFi is turned off
- Fixed “MIDI Controller Mapping” label (Only for iPad 12.9'')
Ratings and Reviews
Get it. Best there is.
I use a MIDI breath controller called the DM48 digital harmonica. Nothing comes close to these sounds, even surpassing my VL70 turbo module- which has been the best modeled brass used by breath control folks for many years. (Ewi’s, etc) My live rig is now an ipad and a Roland Cube, versus a rather hefty rack of modules and a mixing board. Take the time to tweak the sounds, there are an infinite number of nuances you can implement, mutes, growls, overblows, and even the specific tone for just your default horn. It’s easy to save presets, I have some that are set up just for particular songs. For me, this is a big game changer, I’ve been waiting for the IOS versions to drop- so glad they’re here!!!
Confused about app
Am I confused? The app downloaded and ran standalone and within GarageBand for iPad. However when I go to render/share my song from GB the instrument drops out completely from the song. Is there a toggle somewhere that allows its output to be part of the song? As I noted I am confused as this acts like any other instrument in GB as an external audio device, but does not render in the song. Help! Thx
Developer Response ,
Hi, the rendering issue has been solved in v3.0.1. Please get the latest version
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Audio Modeling Srl
- 94.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Audio Modeling Srl
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.