Swatches is a fun and accurate color picker for the real world.
- Capture Swatches on the fly: Sampling begins immediately, no need to take a photo first.
- Pick the perfect color: Swatches supports manual white balance and exposure for maximum accuracy!
- Swatch your photos: Have a saved image that you want to Swatch? No problem, just press the gallery button and select it from your camera roll!
- Check out your Swatches: View your Swatches as RGB or Hex values and even see the nearest paint and Pantone colors! If color values aren't your thing, fullscreen your Swatch and use it as a reference.
- Share your Swatches: Know you got a great Swatch? Share it! Copy, Email, Text, Facebook, Twitter, Airdrop and even send your Swatches directly to other users.
- Burst Mode: Don't want to commit to one Swatch at a time? Capture a Burst and pick your favorite, you can always change your mind later!
- Build your own Palettes: Your Swatches get lonely all on their own, group them into Palettes and watch them work together!
- Accessibility support: Swatches supports VoiceOver for the visually impaired and supplies color type information for the color blind.
Image import is here!
We've received a lot of really great feature requests over the past few weeks but by far the most requested was image import from the camera roll. The people have spoken! We're happy to announce that as of 1.1 you can now Swatch any image in your camera roll! Thank you all for your support (and feedback sent to email@example.com). We hope your 2018 is full of color!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app but it's missing camera roll & Photos extension support
I love the interface, but I really wish you can have camera roll and photo extension support in the very near future.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the suggestion, we're happy to announce image import is now supported in 1.1! If you like the update please let us know, the App Store let's you update your rating at any time.
Swatches changes everything!
As a filmmaker and web developer, color is constantly on the forefront of my mind. The versatility of Swatches in providing various color values has sped up my workflow tremendously. Whereas I used to have to take a picture, import it into Photoshop, grab the color with the eyedropper, then apply that value to whatever its final destination was, I can now get nearly any value I need as soon as I capture the color. I was concerned about the accuracy of the color sampling, but the ability to adjust the white balance makes the app adaptable to nearly any lighting situation. It has made me look at colors completely differently and infused objects (and people) with a whole new personality— it’s not just my “purple” comforter anymore, but my “Bossanova” comforter. And we all know Bossanova is a lot more luxurious than that standard issue purple. I love the palette and share functionalities straight from the app (no more screenshots filling up my phone). Even if it’s not being used for work, Swatches is good plain fun at any level and really makes you look at the world with a new set of eyes (or, in this case, color picker).
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!
I am an artist working in between design and food and this is exactly what I’ve been waiting for. This app is useful, fun, and allows me to explore color in a new way. Many projects elicit me to want to grab colors from the food I am working with and incorporate it into graphic design elements. I have tried other apps that have color-selecting elements. They are either incredibly inaccurate or make you pay. Swatches is not only accurate in sharing the closest HEX color, but also the nearest paint store color and Pantone, linking directly to their website. It even is super easy to share on iMessage and on social media, something I haven’t seen with other apps of this nature. Oh, and perhaps the most underrated special element is that it allows those who are blind to still experience colors, but audibly sharing info on the colors. I am def going to share with my interior design/ graphic design/ fashion friends. So useful and fun :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.