Consuming stories is becoming instant, social and mobile. Sweek is an open platform to read, write and share stories. All over the world. In an instant. For free. We want to provide writers with the opportunity to write their story, chapter by chapter, reach out to their audiences and get noticed. Our readers can always find new authors to explore, interact with them and follow their favourite stories on Sweek.
- Whether you are looking to discover upcoming writers, follow well-known authors or catch up with the classics, you can find stories interesting for you on Sweek. For free! Browse our Popular, Top authors and New lists or search for stories per category.
- Read stories in a clean reading interface and set your reading preferences.
- Save stories to your library to read them later, even offline. Your reading progress will always be saved on Sweek. On any of your devices, be it a smartphone, a tablet or your computer.
- Publish your stories in an instant, even on the go or offline
- Link to other websites of your already published books
- Have your writing progress synchronized on any of your devices and edit stories whenever you want
- Build your loyal fan base: we’ll notify your Sweek followers instantly when you’ve uploaded a new story or a chapter
- Follow statistics on your stories: see your reads, likes and followers increase
- Tell your friends about new stories on Sweek via your social media channels, easily share new ideas with the like-minded community
- Show appreciation for writers by liking their Sweek stories, following them and giving your feedback.
We invite you to join the global Sweek community. We are there for new novels and thrilling mysteries. For short stories and captivating fanfiction. For literary classics. For inspiring articles. Everybody has a story to tell. And we can't wait to read yours.
Welcome to Sweek,
the Sweek team
Would you like to know more or do you want to get in touch? Visit www.sweek.com
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app, and all of the great stories on here. I especially love how people can message you to give comments on your story/poem personally, but unfortunately I can’t read mine. I have “6+” notifications, and every time I try to open them, nothing it said I don’t have any conversations. If I try again, the app closes out and I’m back to my home screen. I’ve tried restarting my phone, and the app, but nothing has worked. I love the app but this is really annoying. Great idea, but the app needs a bit more work. Otherwise it would definitely get the 5 stars.
I love it! NGL I downloaded Sweek because I got tired of curly quotes being automatically changed to straight quotes on Wattpad. BUT I will say, I am so impressed. Sweek has SO much potential, and I’ve started sharing stories on Sweek because I believe it has the potential to be EVEN BIGGER than Wattpad. Just PLEASE make sure that “” don’t ever become "" and I will stick around for the long run. OH AND Sweek has a much wider range of genres, and I think their approach to adult content is SO much smarter than Wattpad’s. I love that it’s not banned on the site, and that users are warned instead. THIS FEATURE IS A HUGE PLUS. Wattpad always has miscategorised stories, and this seems to be less of a problem on Sweek with its wide range of genres. LOVING IT SO FAR!
Okay but Not the Best Reading/Writing App
Edit: Now whenever I click on the book that I am writing, the app freezes. It just stays on that screen forever. If I close out the app and return it refreshes, but I am still not able to edit my work.
Sweek allows you to write and post your own stories with your own personally made book covers. It also provides you with stories written by other aspiring authors with an addition of a few classics written by famous authors. None of these factors seem to be the problem however, the problem lies within the notification center. Firstly, the app sends notifications that you have a new follower to your profile or a new comment on your story, but when actually going to the app to see the notifications they disappear. Even private messages disappear after a while. Sometimes the app glitches (which is a rare occurrence but it really annoying when it occurs).
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sweek B.V.
- 68.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2017 Sweek B.V.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.