Consuming stories is becoming instant, social and mobile. Sweek is an open platform to read, write and share stories. All over the world. In an instant. For free. We want to provide writers with the opportunity to write their story, chapter by chapter, reach out to their audiences and get noticed. Our readers can always find new authors to explore, interact with them and follow their favourite stories on Sweek.
- Whether you are looking to discover upcoming writers, follow well-known authors or catch up with the classics, you can find stories interesting for you on Sweek. For free! Browse our Popular, Top authors and New lists or search for stories per category.
- Read stories in a clean reading interface and set your reading preferences.
- Save stories to your library to read them later, even offline. Your reading progress will always be saved on Sweek. On any of your devices, be it a smartphone, a tablet or your computer.
- Publish your stories in an instant, even on the go or offline
- Link to other websites of your already published books
- Have your writing progress synchronized on any of your devices and edit stories whenever you want
- Build your loyal fan base: we’ll notify your Sweek followers instantly when you’ve uploaded a new story or a chapter
- Follow statistics on your stories: see your reads, likes and followers increase
- Tell your friends about new stories on Sweek via your social media channels, easily share new ideas with the like-minded community
- Show appreciation for writers by liking their Sweek stories, following them and giving your feedback.
We invite you to join the global Sweek community. We are there for new novels and thrilling mysteries. For short stories and captivating fanfiction. For literary classics. For inspiring articles. Everybody has a story to tell. And we can't wait to read yours.
Welcome to Sweek,
the Sweek team
Would you like to know more or do you want to get in touch? Visit www.sweek.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Okay but Not the Best Reading/Writing App
Edit: Now whenever I click on the book that I am writing, the app freezes. It just stays on that screen forever. If I close out the app and return it refreshes, but I am still not able to edit my work.
Sweek allows you to write and post your own stories with your own personally made book covers. It also provides you with stories written by other aspiring authors with an addition of a few classics written by famous authors. None of these factors seem to be the problem however, the problem lies within the notification center. Firstly, the app sends notifications that you have a new follower to your profile or a new comment on your story, but when actually going to the app to see the notifications they disappear. Even private messages disappear after a while. Sometimes the app glitches (which is a rare occurrence but it really annoying when it occurs).
When I got the app, I immediately deleted it after a couple of minutes. When you search for books, you can suggest that books in only certain languages come up, but even then, books in multiple languages will pop up. When you try to write a book, every time you click the “space” bar to start a new word, the first 2 letters of the word are capitalized. Example: THe CAt IN THe HAt IS A GOod BOok. And if you type onto a second line, you have to click the “return” bar for it to go to the next line. And if you keep typing without clicking “return,” then it goes down 2 lines.
Example: click “return”. The cat in the hat is a good book
Example: don’t click “return”. The cat
In the hat is a good book
Won't let you edit your book!
I've been looking at reviews of Sweek and noticed I've been having the same error. Got this app today and finished a chapter of my book, and wanted to go back to work on another chapter or two. However, when I go to "My Stories" and tap on my book the app freezes and does nothing, just stays frozen. I exit the app and go back and then the app crashes.
Very upset and disappointed. I've been seeing potential in this app, but the good news it has been recently updated, so please update Sweek again so I can continue working on my book!
- Sweek B.V.
- 64.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2017 Sweek B.V.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.