Sweet Home 3D is an easy to learn interior design application that helps you draw the plan of your house in 2D, arrange furniture on it and visit the results in 3D.
Sweet Home 3D is aimed at people who want to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home or office. You may:
• Draw walls and rooms of your home from scratch or upon the image of an existing plan, on one or more levels.
• Change the color or the texture of the walls, the floors and the ceilings, importing images of your own patterns if needed.
• Drag and drop doors, windows and furniture onto the plan from a catalog of 1610 objects organized by categories, in which you can import 3D models created by yourself or downloaded from the web.
• Customize the size, the orientation, the elevation, the colors and the textures of each piece of furniture.
• View the changes in the plan simultaneously in a 3D view, in which you can navigate either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point.
• Create a photorealistic image of your arrangement depending on the time of the day and the light sources placed in the plan.
• Create a video from a virtual path in the 3D view.
• Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, arrows and a compass rose.
• Print the home plan and the 3D view or export them in files at PDF, PNG, JPEG, SVG, OBJ standard formats, to reuse designed homes in other software.
• Added dialog box to modify dimensions
• Handled dimensions display in 3D view
• Added elevation dimensions to show items height
• Added support for objects editing in 3D view
• Managed magnetized placement of objects on shelves
• Added preset postures choice for mannequin models
• Added multi level printing support
• Other enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
My go-to for floor planning new apartments
When looking for a new place we want to quickly understand how the layout will work with our stuff and how it feels to get inside the space. In this situation I want something fast which still has a lot of options for how to move and place things. SH3D hits that sweet spot for me. You wouldn't use this for professional interior design, but it's very useful for the price...
I've done a complete condo renovation and a round of (successful) house hunting on room plans in SH3D. For the renovation, it helped to communicate the ideas to the designer intuitively, and then they went to town with actual measurements and CAD. It also made us understand what would fit in each room in a new or existing space. For house hunting, you need to know if a layout actually works before you move. With this I can get a floor plan and start drawing walls, copy-paste my furniture, add some basic details and in 20 minutes I know whether the place works or not. And from there can add details and go nuts if you want.
Anyway, I can't give it 5 stars because the UI feels a little dated, and some of the models are a bit cartoonish, but you really can get a useful house plan in a short amount of time. And that is worth it for me.
Very capable program
I’m remodling a house and love several things about this program. It’s much easier to work in the metric system, so I do all dimensions in metric, but in the USA lumber and some other things are still sized in inches. This program allows you to quickly change back and forth. Very handy to avoid mistakes. Also works as a converter. What I don’t like is I’d like to be able to draw my own furniture, windows, etc. that aren’t in the library. Pretty much all I can use this software for is the walls, which is very helpful, but I have to use similar objects sized to my sizes. Sure would be nice to be able to draw simething with lines and curves then convert it to an object. Overall, excellent value for the money. Being able to turn layers off is very handy because you can include all sorts of mostly irrelevant dimensions that you need to build but can make vanish for the larger overview. The 3D and rotation is useless to me, I only use plan view, but I’m sure some folks use it.
Easy to Use but also very accurate and powerful
My wife and were looking for an app in order to be able to precisely create a new design for our condo (creating and moving walls etc…) and also being to decorate it to get a really good idea of what would work. We had the blueprint and simple scanned that as the background, and then easily drew the exisitng walls over that. Once we knew the measurements were on target we could easily add and move walls, as well as furniture and fixtures to get a really nice looking AND accurate 3D rendering of what we could do. We completely came up with a new floorplan and design in a weekend! The learning curve is small, so once you spend a little time working you’ll get the hang of all the tools. To me, this was huge, as I didn’t to have to learn some complex new app. Also, what I love about this app is that it is totally accurate to measurements (and proved measurements). So, for example, it won’t let you place a wall or piece of furniture that’s too large in too small an area. So, your renderings are our-to-life and accurate. Can’t think of much else amateur home designers would want/need! Love this app!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Emmanuel Puybaret
- 291.6 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2005-2023 Emmanuel PUYBARET / eTeks
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.