Sweet Home 3D is an easy to learn interior design application that helps you draw the plan of your house in 2D, arrange furniture on it and visit the results in 3D.
Sweet Home 3D is aimed at people who want to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home or office. You may:
• Draw walls and rooms of your home from scratch or upon the image of an existing plan, on one or more levels.
• Change the color or the texture of the walls, the floors and the ceilings, importing images of your own patterns if needed.
• Drag and drop doors, windows and furniture onto the plan from a catalog of 1400 objects organized by categories, in which you can import 3D models created by yourself or downloaded from the web.
• Customize the size, the orientation, the elevation, the colors and the textures of each piece of furniture.
• View the changes in the plan simultaneously in a 3D view, in which you can navigate either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point.
• Create a photorealistic image of your arrangement depending on the time of the day and the light sources placed in the plan.
• Create a video from a virtual path in the 3D view.
• Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, arrows and a compass rose.
• Print the home plan and the 3D view or export them in files at PDF, PNG, JPEG, SVG, OBJ standard formats, to reuse designed homes in other software.
• 203 new 3D models, including 2 new articulated mannequins
• Fixed various bugs bound to groups management
• Other minor enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very capable program
I’m remodling a house and love several things about this program. It’s much easier to work in the metric system, so I do all dimensions in metric, but in the USA lumber and some other things are still sized in inches. This program allows you to quickly change back and forth. Very handy to avoid mistakes. Also works as a converter. What I don’t like is I’d like to be able to draw my own furniture, windows, etc. that aren’t in the library. Pretty much all I can use this software for is the walls, which is very helpful, but I have to use similar objects sized to my sizes. Sure would be nice to be able to draw simething with lines and curves then convert it to an object. Overall, excellent value for the money. Being able to turn layers off is very handy because you can include all sorts of mostly irrelevant dimensions that you need to build but can make vanish for the larger overview. The 3D and rotation is useless to me, I only use plan view, but I’m sure some folks use it.
Easy to Use but also very accurate and powerful
My wife and were looking for an app in order to be able to precisely create a new design for our condo (creating and moving walls etc…) and also being to decorate it to get a really good idea of what would work. We had the blueprint and simple scanned that as the background, and then easily drew the exisitng walls over that. Once we knew the measurements were on target we could easily add and move walls, as well as furniture and fixtures to get a really nice looking AND accurate 3D rendering of what we could do. We completely came up with a new floorplan and design in a weekend! The learning curve is small, so once you spend a little time working you’ll get the hang of all the tools. To me, this was huge, as I didn’t to have to learn some complex new app. Also, what I love about this app is that it is totally accurate to measurements (and proved measurements). So, for example, it won’t let you place a wall or piece of furniture that’s too large in too small an area. So, your renderings are our-to-life and accurate. Can’t think of much else amateur home designers would want/need! Love this app!
Nice Program—Decent Price
I looked at several Mac compatible programs, both in the app store and directly from company web sites.
Of all the programs I looked at, this one had the user interface that was cleanest and intimidated me the least.
After a few hours of playing around with this program, I discovered that it is pretty easy to use.
The program is inexpensive. If you don't like it, you haven't dropped a bundle of money on it.
The program has all the basic features covered...laying out rooms or a whole house, placing furniture, built-in cabinets, appliances, etc.
The 3D rendering is decent and instantaneous.
The object library needs to be expanded...
Needs to add kitchen refrigerator cabinets.
Needs to add French door refrigerators.
Needs to add side-by-side refrigerators.
Needs to add below-counter ovens.
Needs to add more typical kitchen objects like countertop convection ovens, food processors, Keurig coffee makers, etc.
I am pleased with this purchase and in no way sorry that I made it. I look forward to future revisions where I hope the object libraries will be expanded.
I should mention that the program allows object libraries to be imported, but I have no idea where I would acquire libraries to import.
- Emmanuel Puybaret
- 234 MB
- Graphics & Design
OS X 10.8.3 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2005-2019 Emmanuel PUYBARET / eTeks
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.