Swell is a platform for thoughtful audio conversations. You can host your own, or join other interesting conversations. Start by listening, then join the conversation at any time. Swells are short pieces of audio - questions, thoughtful debates, knowledge sharing, and more - which create lively conversations between users.
Award winning authors, tech pioneers, podcast hosts, celebrity chefs, artists, CEOs and more are talking on Swell, with discussions ranging from deep policy debates and philosophical ruminations to RVs and sci-fi movies.
Limit your conversations to invited guests, or keep open to public, or even have a private conversation. The speakers don't have to be online at the same time to have a conversation.
Share your conversations using your free swellcast.com page, created automatically when you sign into the app. Easily share and promote your voice on your social and online channels. Your listeners can have a conversation with you through the app.
Use Private Swells to have audio conversations with only your friends, family or co-workers. You can invite anyone to a private Swell, even if they’re not using the app yet, by simply sharing a Join Code with them.
- As simple as speaking – just record and post within the app
- Speakers don't have to be online at the same time to have a conversation
- Get your own swellcast.com page
- Search by topic or keyword
- Customize your feed by selecting the categories you like
- Start public conversations on any topic you’re passionate about and hear back from a diverse audience
- Start private conversations with your friends and family
- Create “Panels” for invited speakers where anyone can listen but only the panelists can speak
- Use a Join Code to invite friends to a private conversation, even if they don’t have the app yet
- Customize your profile with images and descriptive audio
- Use the Swellcast widget on your website
- Enjoy Swell Spotlights and Swell Roundtables with interesting speakers and topics
Country and language preferences for viewing conversations
Improved notifications management
Automatic URL shortening in description text
Option to disable playback of audio emojis
Swellcast channel image now rendered in industry standard 1.9:1 ratio
Better support for Airpods and Bluetooth headsets for recording
Other minor fixes and enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a great place to share your thoughts and engage in meaningful discussions with people from all over the world. It’s nice to be able to hear someone’s voice and have spirited conversations about whatever is trending or on your mind!
I set my preferred subjects and the app’s “For you” feed still includes all topics, and there is no way to turn off the editor’s picks. I want *zero* political or COVID content, yet am bombarded by it. That is unacceptable and why I use the News Feed Eradicator app on my FB and Twitter accounts.
I don’t like the UI/UX. It feels clunky. I also hate the 15 character limit on usernames because I need 16.
Basically, Swell seems a lot like the Stereo live talk radio app except more like Twitter than FB and therefore not as deep... not that I love Stereo either. Rather, I love the *idea* of Swell and Stereo, just not the execution. And the user base on both are so small, it’s like shouting into the void.
Addicted from the first day!
When I was invited to this medium I didn’t know what I had been missing all along. A voice response/conversation. And as a podcaster to be able to interact with my audience in such a new yet intimate manner is a dream! Thank you Swell!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.