** As seen on USA Today, CBC, CBC Radio, Radio Canada, Huffington Post, LA Times, Water Canada, ABC News, Men's Journal, National Post, and Mashable. **
Swim Guide is a website and smartphone app for iPhone® and iPod touch®. Swim Guide delivers free up-to-date water quality information for over 8,000 beaches, lakes, rivers, and swimming holes in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, the Bahamas, Australia and New Zealand.
Swim Guide provides you with current recreational water quality information for your favourite beaches and swimming holes. Every beach is marked with a Green or Red icon so you know when the water at your favourite beach is clean for swimming and when the water quality is failed to recreational water quality criteria.
As of 2019, Swim Guide is the most popular beach information service in the world, with over 4-million all time users.
Finding a beach with clean, swimmable water for you and your family is easy with Swim Guide:
- Find the cleanest closest beaches to you by browsing the map or by searching
- Beach descriptions tell you about amenities, lifeguards, where to park, and everything else you need to know to enjoy a day at the beach.
- Green icon tells you your beach passed water quality tests
- Red icon tells you the water quality failed water quality test
- Date/time stamp tells you when a water quality status was last updated in Swim Guide
- Historical status tells you percentage of time that a beach passed water quality tests in the last year
- Source information section tells you who samples the water at each beach and what recreational water quality guidelines apply
- Discover a wide variety of beaches, ranging from city parks to remote lakes ideal for camping
- Get directions to the beach of your choice
- Bookmark your favourite beaches for easy access
- Use the app to share beaches with your friends and family
- Original descriptions of 8,000+ different beaches, so you can learn a bit of history and geography as you explore
Get involved! Use the Swim Guide to report pollution, support your local water organizations, and learn about the issues facing your homewaters.
Swim Guide is the only charity app of its kind, made by Swim Drink Fish Canada (formerly Lake Ontario Waterkeeper).
Visit us online for more info: www.theswimguide.org
Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app could be even better
I love the concept of this app, the only feature that I would love to be added is marking off whether or not a swimming spot is open to the public or in a private community. We spent our Sunday driving to several swimming spots only to discover we could not swim there because they were not open to the public, it was a big bummer.
What a great tool to have!
This is a handy little, simple to use app to quickly check the conditions of your local beach or one you plan to be going to on vacation. It provides specific information on the water quality based on the most up to date data available and then feeds it right to your phone!
Water pollution affects most water bodies around the country especially after major storms and discharges. This was a great idea and I commend the Waterkeeper organization for developing this program and for the critical work they do protecting this countries and the worlds waterways. They truly are the voice of the worlds waters!
Doesn’t monitor Rhode Island beaches
Living in New England, RI is an important area for beaches. However this app does NOT monitor RI beaches, making it useless for me and anyone living in New England.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.