Swimtoolz StopWatch is a stopwatch for swim coaches and parents. I've included unique features that I hope will make your pool-side experience a little more interesting and productive.
+ You can set a goal time and race parameters. This feature enables a progress bar and count-down timers giving instant feedback on your swimmer's progress anywhere in the pool as they strive to stay ahead of their goal. (The in-app purchase enables goal setting for the longer races.)
+ You can record the swimmers strokerate at any time throughout the race. (The in-app purchase enables unlimited strokes per race.)
+ You can fix mistakes. For instance if you pressed "stop" instead of "split" there is a way to correct that. Or if you forgot to hit "split" there is a way to insert an estimated or actual missing split later.
+ pace goals can be programmed for the dive segment. Everyone is faster during the first 15 meters after a dive.
+ Handy buttons allow you to configure the location of starting blocks and the pool size.
+ Although collecting splits is limited to a single swimmer in a race, you can record and save the finish time of multiple swimmers in the same race.
+ Your swimmer's splits are automatically plotted on a graph. (The in-app purchase enables graphing unlimited splits.)
Fixed an important bug. In some cases it was possible to create two races that start at exactly the same time. If this occurred, the splits history table could become totally messed up.
- Minor bug fixes for iOS 11 and new devices.
A completely redesigned watch with new layout, new features, and bug fixes.
+ All new color scheme
+ All new button layout
+ All new "Fix it" view
- lets you start the watch after the race has already started
- If you accidentally hit the wrong button, change it to the one you wanted (i.e. change a "stop" to a "split")
- insert an estimated split if you forgot to add one
+ All new "stroke rate" button allows you to record a swimmer's stroke rate throughout the race.
+ Simplified race selection
- quick one-button pick of stroke, distance, and gender
+ non-conforming distance feature
- if your pool is 33 yards long, no problem. You can create a 66-yard race
- if your intramural meet has a 150 meter backstroke event, no problem. Just click an number digit to set that.
+ Simplified dive-speed selection
- pick "no dive" for even splits throughoutif the swimmer starts from the water
- pick "good dive" for a goal of 30% faster in the first 15 meters
- also select your own custom dive speed
+ Haptic feedback
- mid-pool "thump" when the swimmer should be at that marker
- feedback on start/stop/split buttons
- Note: vibrate is still available if you choose it
+ Removed mapping of the pool location. Your feedback told me that this was an unnecessary and confusing feature. (If you want it back, rate the app and let me know.)
Ratings and Reviews
Does all the things I needed it to! Great App!
The developer, Michael Hirst, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Michael Hirst
- 12.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Michael Hirst
- In-App Purchases
- StopWatch+ $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.