Shakespeare has all the ingredients of a big budget movie—if you can understand him.
SwipeSpeare puts the words of the Bard into plain and simple English with a Swipe of a finger!
SwipeSpeare only shows you the modern text when you want to see it. Simply swipe your finger over the text, and the text will change; swipe it again and it will change back.
This app features:
• FREE built in (and searchable) Shakespeare Dictionary
• FREE Shakespeare biography
• FREE "Swipeable" books available
• Order print copies and ePubs of any play
• Sync highlights, notes, and bookmarks across any device
• Every Shakespeare play translated into modern English! (The original play is also included--you choose how you want to read it. Swipe your finger and you can easily toggle back and forth!)
• Study Guides for every major play with more on the way
• Lesson Plans for every major play with more on the way
We are already making lots of improvements to this app--both to the content / features and the UI; we are eager to receive any feedback about what you dislike about the app or what you would like to see in future updates.
- Dark Mode Implementation
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Since this new version loaded it doesn't work at all on my iPhone . It opens then closes seconds later.
It's an iPhone 7 iOS 10.3.3.
How do I contact support? I went to developers website. Entered a question in the 'contact' form.
Update. Problem solved eventually.
Had to upgrade to ios11, and then create a new account because I could not access my purchased material.
I quite like the app. It is a useful portable reference but some of the modern translation is inaccurate.
Developer Response ,
If you email our support team we can help you fix this.
I love this app and it’s given me a new perspective on Shakespeare, it feels like I’m learning a new language. I did update my phone and had issues but quickly emailed them and the developer was able to help me set up my past purchases. It sounds like it’s one guy working on it, so I’ll give him some slack.
I already purchased this app with this account, but when trying to restore purchases on my new iPhone, since my old one broke, it says “unable to restore purchase” I’m not going to buy this again. Do you really expect ppl to purchase this app every time they own a new device?! That’s really stupid and it is deceptive at the same time.
Developer Response ,
We'd love to help you restore your purchases, but you have to email us so we can help you. There's a contact support button in the app and on our website.
- Golgotha Press Apps
- 179.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2017. Golgotha Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Merchant of Venice $1.99
- Midsummer Nights Dream $1.99
- Taming of the Shrew $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.