Swiss Transit App is the perfect travel companion for your trip in Switzerland. It contains more than 24'000 stations and more than 1 million vehicles: trains, trams, buses, boats and even gondola and cablecars. All of these in your pocket !
- OFFLINE support - you can search for stations or departures without having an internet connection
- Realtime departures info! The official timetables data is enriched where available with info provided by opentransportdata.swiss departures API
- for every station you can preview the route of the vehicle and check if it reaches your area of interest
- you can select any moment in time to display departures. Planning a 1st of August visit ? Yap, this feature is for you !
Designed and engineered by:
This app cannot be held responsible for any late, missed or changes to the timetables on any journeys made by you, which have occurred by the operator or due to construction works. This is not the responsibility of "Swiss Transit App" to ensure that any routes are operating correctly, but it is the responsibility of the operators who run these services.
Thank you for using this application! Please don't forget to support this app by leaving ratings, sharing it or just sending me any feedback you might have.
What's new in the version 2.10:
- Timetables change: The application uses the latest timetables published on December 2022
Ratings and Reviews
Not helpful for tourists
One would expect an app like this to be helpful for travelers - finding bus routes connecting one location to another. But no. Why not create an app that will allow me to figure out how to get from my lodging to the airport tomorrow? Why not create an app that would allow you to plan a route from one POI to another? Or back to my hotel/AirBnB/whatever? This doesn’t do any of that. It only shows you the circuit that buses travel and where the buses currently are. That’s fine for what it is, but doesn’t do me, a first-time visitor to Geneva, any good.
Not useful for non-natives
I downloaded it as a tourist in Switzerland but there's no instructions on how to use it. For example, I search for Felsberg in Luzern and it showed that there is only one bus (No 7) there. That's easy to understand. From that point onwards things become confusing. I tap the Luzern, Felsberg button and it shows a map at the top and a list of entries at the bottom. What do they mean? No instructions. Some rows have a NOW or DEPARTED tagged to it, which I think means that a bus 7 has reached or left the station. Is that correct? I don't know. And which station are we talking about? Felsberg or Unterlochli? Again, it's unclear.
Excellent offline functionality
I was looking for an app for an American friend that will work offline and found this. The only reason I didn’t give it five stars is because the search function is not very sophisticated. It is also a bit disconcerting not to have a menu but it isn’t very hard to figure out how it works if one has a basic understanding of timetables and travel apps.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- M23 Solutions GmbH
- 808 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Romanian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 - 2022 Vasile Coțovanu
- In-App Purchases
- Support Further Development $2.99
- Support Further Development $9.99
- Support Further Development $4.99