With Switch you can control Arlo, HomeKit, Ring, Nest and SmartThings devices easily. Automations are seamless, even with IFTTT and other cloud-based services. Configuration is meant to be done by users, not specialists. Switch does not require any additional hardware or software like ‘homebridge’ to integrate different home automation technologies. Beyond device control and home automation, Switch offers an intelligent and powerful alarm system, to make your life safe and seamless.
If you have a SmartThings hub, you will love Switch for its easiness and the powerful alarm system. If you have HomeKit devices, you will love Switch for the powerful routines and the alarm system. And if you use Arlo, Ring, SmartThings and HomeKit in parallel, you will love the seamless integration between these without any need for additional local technology.
You can manage multiple homes and organize your devices in spaces, if you wish. Each device can belong to one or multiple spaces or none. And each space and each home can be assigned a picture for easy recognition and enhanced beauty.
You can easily see the current status of each device and change it with just one touch. A long touch brings you to details of the device. That not only works for the device list on the home screen, but on all screens, including the spaces and the favorite screens.
Routines make it easy to control multiple devices with just one touch – or schedule device changes or have devices change their status upon certain events. Switch supports the following routines:
- ‘Switch manually’ – control multiple devices in one touch - and toggle back, if you wish, after a certain time
- ‘Switch on time’ – let devices change their state according to a schedule – that can also be related to sunrise and sunset
- ‘Switch on sensor‘ – let devices change their state upon events that a sensor device defines – and toggle back, if you wish, after a certain time or event
- ‚Switch on IFTTT’ – have a cloud-based service call Switch in order to trigger a device change
- ‚IFTTT on sensor‘ – trigger an action in IFTTT when a device recognizes a defined condition
- ‚Alert on sensor’ – get an alert when a device recognizes a defined condition
- ‚Replay’ – let selected devices repeat what happened one, two or three weeks ago – to automate complex behavior or simulate presence
You can also easily activate and deactivate routines, so that automations are paused whenever you like.
On the favorite screen you can keep your favorite spaces, devices and routines at your finger tip.
You can easily assign your devices to certain alarm functions, e.g. sensors to regions (such as inside and outside) and actors to functions (such as shades or sirens) and that’s all you need to do in order to have a powerful alarm system working for you.
- Switch will alert you when relevant sensors recognize unexpected activity
- Sensors will be activated in function of the alarm mode you chose – and the alarm mode may be updated in function of how you use your devices
- When you arm the alarm system, it will lock selected doors. When you unlock one of these doors, the alarm will be disarmed automatically
- When an outside sensor detects unexpected activity while you are away or sleeping, the defined shades will close to protect your home
- When an inside sensor detects unexpected activity in your home, Switch may activate your selected sirens – but it won’t, if it’s a sensor in your sleeping area, to prevent loud false alarms
- When you are the last to leave home, Switch can remind you to activate the alarm system
While routines and the alarm system work perfectly in the background for devices that are controlled through SmartThings, Apple only allows HomeKit devices to be controlled by an app in the foreground. If you depend on Switch to automate HomeKit devices, you may consider using an iPod touch, an old iPhone or an iPad as a dedicated Switch device controller where Switch always runs in the foreground.
We have improved the display of video from Apple HomeKit cameras. We also have for now suspended the Google Nest integration, which was in test mode, so far.
Ratings and Reviews
Great support !!!
The app is still work in progress but I must say it’s one of the best tech support of app developers !
Andreas did an amazing job with helping me getting the app speak to my Smartthings account , got some problems at the beginning but He made it happen :)
Thank you Andreas 🙏
Not quite in beta stage of development
I appreciate what the developer is trying to do but the app has been extremely slow in development. In current development, instructions are slim, controls are finicky, and rendering is inconsistent. Dimmers can be moved but the percentage doesn’t change. Forward and backward navigation seems unclear and doesn’t match normal iOS gestures. It’s unclear how this works with Siri as well or Apple devices as it doesn’t seem to do anything with HomeKit. Overall, the app seems intriguing but at its current stage of development you are better off with the respective apps unless you like to try out new revolving projects. It would be really great if this eventually integrated with Siri and HomeKit.
Awesome app to integrate Siri and smartthings
Every other solution to get Siri to work with smartthings is complicated or involves many many steps. With this app you can set Siri Shortcuts to control some settings in smartthings. I have it set to turn on my cafe lighting and set dim settings in our nursery. Current version doesn’t communicate properly but their awesome customer support helped me get to the next update in beta and it works perfectly! I’ve been wanting this integration for so long. So happy this group made it happen!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Switch Living S.L.
- 62 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Switch Living S.L.