SwitchList is a Mac program for automatically making lists of freight cars to switch on a model railroad. If you have a small model railroad or a shelf layout and want a switch list program that’s easy to set up and easy to use, try it out!
Switchlist's Best Features:
• Large print switch lists are easy to read, look handwritten, and look prototypical. Make your operators think you spent all night writing up switch lists!
• Graphical user interface for setting up and printing out switch lists. No more editing cryptic files and searching through a sea of checkboxes.
• Easy to adjust the available cargos for more realistic traffic flows. Adjusting operating sessions no longer means writing out a hundred new car cards!
• Not all cars have to move each session, so movements appear more random. No more repetitive, identical operating sessions.
• Allows realistic routing of different railroad’s empty freight cars to different staging yards. Empties leave in a realistic way.
• Assigns freight cars based on owner of car. A C&O boxcar won’t be used to haul cement locally for your California railroad.
• Define your own switchlist styles. If the built-in realistic switchlists don’t match your railroad, then just define your own. You can even generate custom switchlists that look like car cards and are swipeable on your iPhone or iPad!
• View switchlists on your iPad or iPhone. Save paper and work switchlists displayed on your phone, or check your layout state from your iPad.
* SwitchList now allows you to copy and paste freight cars, cargos, and other objects between layouts or copy them out as text.
* Fix a typo in Railroad Letterhead, and fix how cars at the last station are handled.
* Fix crash when reverting a changed layout.
* Fix use of Google-provided handwriting fonts in web interface.
* Provide example switchlist template that uses a larger font ("Enlarged Letterhead", found in "Custom Switchlist Examples" folder)
* Improve code for guessing industry and suggesting cargos. (in "Suggest Cargos… panel under reports).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fantastic and free!
What a delight this program is, especially after wrestiling for years with a similar Windows app that seemingly fought me at every turn. This app did what I needed it to and it only took me a couple of hours to set up. Handles divisions, switchers, yards without complaint. I’d gladly give the developer my money, but I’ll give him a rave review instead.
My Favorite App!
Switchlist is terrific!
I can’t say enough good things about this application. It’s easy to set up, fun to use, and the integration with the iPad is great too.
Above all, the author, Robert Bowdidge, is a fantastic guy! He is active in the Google support group, and goes out of his way to help people, often taking their program and modifying it for them to resolve any issues. He also worked with me to develop a switchlist style that includes car photos, which is a big help for my operators with less-than-perfect vision.
If you are looking for a switchlist generating program for the Mac, this is it!!
This application is fantastic! Having used other switchlist generators like "Shipit!", I was more than surprised that this program enabled me to be up and running my small bedroom sized shelf layout in under 15 minutes. Finally a switchlist generator that doesn't require hours of tinkering to get it to run right. I love the ability to view the switchlists on the iPad too! And it's free? Sheesh! I couldn't be happier!
The developer, Robert Bowdidge, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Robert Bowdidge
- 6.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.6.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Robert Bowdidge
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.