The free SwitzerlandMobility app (for iPhone and iPad) is the perfect app for anybody who is out and about in Switzerland either in summer or winter.
- maps of Switzerland from swisstopo (the best) up to a scale of 1:10,000
- 32,000 km signposted non-motorized routes (national, regional and local)
- complete network of signposted hiking trails (60,000 km)
- 500 routes for winter activities
- 25,000 public transportation stops linked to the timetable of the Swiss Federal Railways (planning a tour with public transportation was never easier)
- information on 4,500 points of interest on the way, such as overnight accommodations, bicycle service stations, etc.
- positioning system and compass function (you always know where you are)
Save maps & tours
On purchasing a SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription you can additionally:
- use and save swisstopo maps for areas without network coverage (no more problems with dead zones)
- download and store tours you designed, including elevation profile, hiking time, distance and altitudes (separately and easily)
- Recording tours with the SwitzerlandMobility app is not possible
Constant use of the GPS may considerably reduce the length of battery life.
- New summer routes, effective April 2020
- Updated hiking trail network, effective March 2020
- From now on, the Swiss hiking trail network is three-coloured. Yellow = Hiking Trails, Red = Mountain Hiking Trails, Blue = Alpine Hiking Trails
- Updated data from April 2020
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best app for Swiss adventures
This is the perfect app to plan any outdoor adventure in Switzerland. Please PLEASE make a version of the topo maps for the Apple Watch
- Stiftung SchweizMobil
- 169.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- © Stiftung SchweizMobil
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.