Swoopster is a highly playable Flanger, Fuzz, and Vibrato effect designed for Audiobus 2 and Inter-app audio.
Process synths, drum machines and hundreds of other apps by connecting through Audiobus. Use Swoopster as an effect inside Garageband, Auria, Cubasis, and AudioShare using Audiobus or Inter-app audio.
Swoopster supports Core MIDI via the Camera Connection kit, USB MIDI interfaces, Virtual MIDI and WiFi connections. The MIDI Learn function lets you easily assign your MIDI controller's knobs and sliders to control Swoopster's effect parameters.
Here's what users are saying:
"Great Playground -
Swoopster really utilizes the iPad's entire surface, to put awesome sound effects manipulation at your fingertips. If that's not enough, just tweak the sound effects, and pick up your guitar. With Audiobus and IAA intergration the possibilities are endless. Don't second guess, just get it."
- Mgmg4871 (AppStore Review)
"SWOOP, there it is! -
Sometimes I just send a loop into this app and just play for twenty minutes, wondering where the time has gone. Flange a rama man!"
- dmonterroso (AppStore review)
Swoopster features two distinct modes:
PERFORM and TWEAK.
● PERFORM mode is focused around four XY touch pads. Touch to control flanger speed, manual, feedback and fuzz amount independently for left and right channels.
● TWEAK mode features large expressive sliders and additional effect parameters, allowing you to fine tune your sound.
The center panel of Swoopster's interface is part of the instrument and meant to be played in real-time, including the scrollable preset list. Tap a preset to instantly load it's settings, play different presets in rhythmic patterns, or re-trigger the current preset to restart the sweep of the Flanger. The MUTE and BYPASS buttons function as momentary switches for DJ mixer style control.
In addition to Audiobus and Inter-app Audio support, Swoopster can also process external instruments such as guitar, voice and synths by connecting a microphone or professional audio interface such as the Apogee Jam, ONE, or any iOS compatible USB audio interface. Guitarists can use our effects live by connecting the output of their audio interface to an amp.
Watch demos and tutorials at www.youtube.com/holdernessmedia.
For more info visit www.swoopsterapp.com
Check out our entire FX series including Caramel, Crystalline, Echo Pad and Stereo Designer!
● requires iOS 7.0 or later (Audiobus requires iOS 8.0+)
● iPad Mini/iPad 2 or newer
● Audiobus 2 compatible (Effect, Input, state saviing)
● Inter-App audio compatible (effect node)
● Compatible with DAW apps such as Auria, Cubasis, and Garageband
● compatible with USB audio interfaces
● Core MIDI compatible
• Receive MIDI over Bluetooth LE (requires iOS 8)
● stereo Fuzz, Flange and Vibrato effect processor
● versatile flanger capable of sounds ranging from smooth phasey flange to wildly distorted, pitch shifted madness
● flanger with positive and negative feedback
● independent left and right channel effects engines can be controlled separately or linked
● Audiobus 2 compatible (Effect, state saving)
● Inter-App Audio compatible (effect node)
● Core MIDI compatible, works with any MIDI controller via MIDI Learn
● Select presets via MIDI program change
● true stereo input and effects processing
● several output style options including normal stereo, wide stereo, and sum to mono
Swoopster works with just about any professional iOS compatible USB audio interfaces. Here is a list of interfaces that have been tested and verified to be compatible:
● Apogee Jam
● Apogee Mic
● Apogee ONE for iPad/Mac
● Apogee DUET for iPad/Mac
● Apogee QUARTET for iPad/Mac
● iRig HD
● iRig iMic
● Focusrite Scarlett series (*requires USB hub)
● Alesis io2
● Alesis IO Dock
● Behringer UCA202
● many more
• Audiobus 3 ready
• Added option to save state on quit and recall when app is next launched (this option can be enabled in the settings page)
• minor bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
It is OK.
Don't understand why so many people gave 5 stars. 5 stars means perfect. This is only an OK effect. Sound quality is OK, versatility is OK. Worth the money of course, especially when you buy it on sale. But that is it. I seldom use it after I bought it. Which leads to another topic. There is not so many quality effects in App Store now. Guitar effects we have Jamup and Bias, crazy effects we have Turnado, Wow, but for general effects like chorus, delay, or fuzz etc. I didn't find any quality ones.
Looking for Awesome FX? You'll love this App!
First thing I'd like to say is that this guy makes really awesome apps! I have all three of his FX apps: Swoopster, Stereo Designer, and Echo Pad. They all provide unique sounds that make my music sound awesome.
This particular app Swoopster has a range of awesome FX. My favorite thing to do is use Swoopster as an FX on my Bass guitar. It give my bass a deep synth sound that's perfect for Drum & Bass and Jungle.
The uses of this app (and all his other FX apps) is limitless. You won't be disappointed.
Grab it up!
This and all of Holderness Media's apps are excellent. They sound great, are easy to use, play well with other apps, are highly configurable, and are designed from the ground up for touch devices. At the low prices they're offered for, why would you not have these in your toolkit?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.