Podhero makes it easy to discover new podcasts. Connect with friends to see the shows and episodes they recommend.
This is the official podcast player for Podhero users.
- Removed automatic detection of RSS feed URL on clipboard. This avoids the clipboard access notification when opening the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Podcast listening made easy
I had heard of podcasts and thought about trying to find some but had no idea where to find them. SWOOT makes it easy. As a beginning listener I really appreciate the suggestions. If I was doing it on my own I most likely would have given up by now. Thanks for the easy platform to find and listen to some interesting subjects. I also like the idea of being able to see what friends and family are listening to. Thanks for making it easy to be a podcast listener!
Good idea, lousy implementation
Thoughts on Swoot:
+ Supports OPML import/export!
+ Fairly intuitive interface
+ Supports downloading and streaming playback
- No ability to add arbitrary RSS URLs, which defeats the point of an open podcast ecosystem and removes Swoot from consideration as a real podcast player.
- VERY slow (on my iPhone 6)
- Playing a podcast makes my phone hot
- Used 12% of my battery for 45 minutes of listening
- No MP3 Chapter support
- No support for password-protected feeds
- Tab bar disappears when resuming the app from background
- No silence removal feature
- Very long sign-up flow that requires an email
- OPML import missed several of my shows
- No sleep timer
- Skip forward and backward takes a very long time when playing above 1.25x
- Player view has a down arrow to indicate how to dismiss it, but swiping down does nothing. You have to tap the button all the way at the top of the screen.
EDIT: Thank you for your reply! I’m glad to hear that you’re planning to add most of these features to Swoot. However, the fact that “play an arbitrary RSS feed” wasn’t in your Minimum Viable Product strongly indicates to me that you don’t care about podcasting as an open ecosystem. When you’re adding new features, you should figure out how to add that one first.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the thoughtful and thorough feedback! Happy to report that most of the missing features you mention are ones we plan to add. We just released the app to the public a week before your review so it's not full featured just yet. :) We take performance issues seriously as well and it is an area we're always focused on and are constantly improving.
Pods With Friends!
I’ve been using Swoot for at least 6 months now and continue to be impressed with the way the app works and evolves. I’m discovering new podcasts from following friends and colleagues and having conversations with some of those friends after I’ve listened. Swoot is consistently broadening my perspective too with the curated lists and recommendations shared via social media. Thanks Swoot! And major kudos to your social media manager!! Well done.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Podhero, Inc.
- 32.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Podhero Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.