Swoot is the podcast app where you get to see what your friends are listening to. Whether you're new to podcasts or a long time listener, Swoot is the best way to discover podcasts you love and share them with friends.
- Remember the state of the toggles for sharing recommendations to Twitter and Facebook
- Fix a download button alignment issue
Ratings and Reviews
Podcast listening made easy
I had heard of podcasts and thought about trying to find some but had no idea where to find them. SWOOT makes it easy. As a beginning listener I really appreciate the suggestions. If I was doing it on my own I most likely would have given up by now. Thanks for the easy platform to find and listen to some interesting subjects. I also like the idea of being able to see what friends and family are listening to. Thanks for making it easy to be a podcast listener!
Good idea, lousy implementation
Thoughts on Swoot:
+ Supports OPML import/export!
+ Fairly intuitive interface
+ Supports downloading and streaming playback
- No ability to add arbitrary RSS URLs, which defeats the point of an open podcast ecosystem and removes Swoot from consideration as a real podcast player.
- VERY slow (on my iPhone 6)
- Playing a podcast makes my phone hot
- Used 12% of my battery for 45 minutes of listening
- No MP3 Chapter support
- No support for password-protected feeds
- Tab bar disappears when resuming the app from background
- No silence removal feature
- Very long sign-up flow that requires an email
- OPML import missed several of my shows
- No sleep timer
- Skip forward and backward takes a very long time when playing above 1.25x
- Player view has a down arrow to indicate how to dismiss it, but swiping down does nothing. You have to tap the button all the way at the top of the screen.
EDIT: Thank you for your reply! I’m glad to hear that you’re planning to add most of these features to Swoot. However, the fact that “play an arbitrary RSS feed” wasn’t in your Minimum Viable Product strongly indicates to me that you don’t care about podcasting as an open ecosystem. When you’re adding new features, you should figure out how to add that one first.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the thoughtful and thorough feedback! Happy to report that most of the missing features you mention are ones we plan to add. We just released the app to the public a week before your review so it's not full featured just yet. :) We take performance issues seriously as well and it is an area we're always focused on and are constantly improving.
Love the idea
I always wanted the ability to see what other people were listening to, so this is perfect. Knowing what my friends are listening to is a great way to find good stuff to listen to. It can also be a great conversation starter when you both listened to the same thing.
- Swoot, Inc.
- 39.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Swoot Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.