Yesterday's Felt Board comes to today's App Store. Story-time brought to life at your child’s fingertips! Animated and narrated kids story/eBook with direct interaction needed from your child!
This entertaining tale is filled with colorful scenes and engaging interactions, bringing story-time to life! Felt Board Lady needs your child’s help to tell the story of Sydney the Scarecrow, keeping your little one busy with adventure!
Discover the importance of friendship as you and your child join Sydney in the pumpkin patch.
* "This app is well worth the $1.99, especially when you consider that it is essentially a children’s book with the bonus of it being engaging and interactive." Andrew Gertig, HumanswithKids.com
* "Most children's apps sell books for about the same price but they aren't interactive so I thought it was a very good purchase. Especially because my 4 yr old daughter insisted on watching it over and over before I had to cut her off." - Momofpreschooler
• Help Felt Board Lady tell her story
• Interact with cute animals
• Tap characters and animate scenery
• Soft and friendly interface
• Voice narration to guide your child
• Recommended for children ages 2 to 6
• No in-app purchases or third-party advertising to interrupt story-time!
ABOUT FELT BOARD LADY
Felt Board Lady has told her original felt board stories for over 30 years. Thanks to devices like the one in your hand, her stories can now be enjoyed any time by parents and children around the world. Her stories are positive and entertaining, making it easy to have fun while learning.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Resolved an issue with the starting animation not loading quick enough.
Ratings and Reviews
Now I Want MORE of these!!
This is a very simple, sweet story about a scarecrow's trials and tribulations (don't want to give anything away!) The graphics are simple, lovely, not crowded or overly distracting like some children's apps. The story includes lots of good repetition, as any good early reading should, as well as a nice moral about friendship and kindness. But it's also interactive: not so much that it distracts from the story but enough that it keeps kids engaged and coming back for more. Most children's apps sell books for about the same price but they aren't interactive so I thought it was a very good purchase. Especially because my 4 yr old daughter insisted on watching it over and over before I had to cut her off. I was quite surprised given how simple the story is, but this is exactly what kids like. And I now desperately hope this developer will put out more stories!!!
Can't get my iPad back now!
I downloaded this app for my niece and nephew, and now I can't get my iPad back! They are entranced with the story, the interaction (not too much or too little), and, of course, the wonderful visuals.
Speaking as someone in his 30s, the style is particularly evocative of the wonderful felt board stories I remember as a child. There is just something so charming and wholesome about felt board stories, and this is no exception. While this app stays true to its source inspiration, it also brings the style into the present with clean graphics, engaging interactive elements, and highly entertaining narration.
Highly recommend; can't wait for the next one... for, uh, my niece and nephew.
My Little One loves this and we want more stories!
I love this app. My 6-month-old enjoys watching Sydney make friends. She likes to put her curious fingers all over my iPhone/iPad and this allows her to play with a purpose at such young age. She even giggles when a bunny hops by. I believe this is an app that we'll be able to use to change her mood (all parents can relate to this) as she grows up. I'm lucky enough to say that I grew up with the Felt Board Lady's stories and it makes me nostalgic to see this as an app. We want more stories!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Felt Board Lady, Limited Liability Company
- 116.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © Felt Board Lady, LLC 2013
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.