The SYFY app is the best place to catch up on the most recent season of your favorite shows, watch live TV, and stream movies and past season content! Download the SYFY app now to watch full episodes of The Magicians, Krypton, Futurama, Killjoys, AND MANY MORE!
SYFY and USA Network are the new home of the Harry Potter films! Find them all in the “Wizarding World” folder in the app.
Get started by signing in with your TV subscription (cable, satellite or digital). The SYFY app supports most TV providers, including DirecTV, Xfinity, Spectrum, AT&T, and Dish.
Sign up for an NBCUniversal profile within the app using your Facebook, Google, or email account to sync your favorite shows across our family of apps and to continue watching progress across all your devices. You’ll also receive three credits to watch episodes for free before signing in with your TV provider.
Watch Your Way
• Watch the latest episodes of new SYFY shows the day after they air on TV.
• Live stream and schedule available 24/7 when signed in with your TV provider.
• Chromecast and AirPlay compatible! Start episodes in the app and stream to your TV.
• Can't finish an episode in one sitting? The app saves your place so that you can resume watching later!
• Mark shows as your Favorites for quick access to the latest episodes.
Explore NBCUniversal Content
• Access to on demand content from across the NBCUniversal family of networks (including NBC, E!, Bravo, USA, SYFY, Oxygen, MSNBC, CNBC, Universal Kids, Telemundo, and Universo).
• Live stream your favorite NBCUniversal networks within the app.
• Dedicated page for each network showcasing the hottest series.
• Catalog of recent and throwback favorites available to watch.
• Filter shows by network and genre while browsing.
TV Provider Access
• Sign in with your TV subscription to gain access to the entire catalog of VOD & Live content.
• Create an NBCUniversal Profile to favorite and save shows across all your devices.
• Resume watching your favorite shows where you left off on any device.
• Receive three credits to unlock episodes for FREE!
COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS?
Please reach out to iOS@nbcuapps.zendesk.com for assistance.
Please note: Use of the app is limited to the United States and its territories. Video is accessible via 3G, 4G, LTE and Wi-Fi networks. Data charges may apply.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information: https://www.nbcuniversal.com/privacy/notrtoo?brandA=SyFy&intake=SyFy
This app features Nielsen proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings.
To learn more about our digital measurement products and your choices in regard to them, please visit http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
• Added more movies to stream
• Included a few tweaks to make the app more personalized to you
• Bug fixes, performance enhancements, and minor design updates
Ratings and Reviews
Only problem with the app is that the adds everything else is amazing a great overall app even though the commercials are the worst part it tells you whenever the commercials come up so until the commercials are over you can go do something else so great overall app and I love watching my favorite shows like Harry Potter.
If casting to TV don’t even bother with this app. It’s just nonstop commercials anytime you do anything. Even to rewind it’s another commercial! There’s no FF or rewind 10 or 30 seconds. Try to fast forward if you need to get back to your spot (because it won’t save your spot), ALL the commercials and then 10 seconds later another commercial! Forget trying to get closed captioning or even pause. Literally none of the controls work and sometimes you think you’re just watching a commercial but when it comes back it’s playing an entirely different movie! More frustration than its worth.
What upsets me the most is no closed captioning. So people with hearing issues just don’t matter? Absolutely despicable. Shame on you for not fixing the problem. And stop asking people to tell you more about what they’re experiencing, just test it out yourself! You ARE the app developer. I’m not buying it that you don’t know these problems exist. I’m not the first one to comment. Just, shame on you.
Buggy and missing features
I do like the shows available, and I could even stand the amount of commercials if it wasn’t for the buggy video and missing features.
If you switch out of the app, or your phone goes to sleep momentarily, the video will not play at all if you try pressing the play button again. Instead, you have to exit the show and scroll to find the episode you were on again, click it, and hope it works (because sometimes you’ll get a playback error).
As for the features, there’s a rewind 10 seconds button but no skip 10 forward button. It’s incredibly annoying, especially since trying to track accurately on the video player is a nightmare, and there’s no Netflix-like feature where the show will auto-skip or provide the option to skip opening sequences/recaps that waste your time. I’d like to be able to at least skip 10 if I want to.
One last thing to note, using this app on a smart TV shows the amount of commercials in a commercial break while this does not show up on mobile. It’s a smaller thing, but it does end up feeling like you’re sitting through endless commercials when you don’t have a number in the corner to keep track.
- NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- 143.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 NBCUniversal Media, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.