Find the symmetry, paint the blocks and discover a hidden pixel-art picture! Each puzzle consists of a grid containing dots in various places. The object is to reveal a hidden picture by drawing a block around each dot according to the rules.
Sym-a-Pix are exciting logic puzzles that form whimsical pixel-art pictures when solved. Challenging, deductive and artistic, this original Japanese invention offers the ultimate mix of logic, art and fun while providing solvers with many hours of mentally stimulating entertainment.
The game features a unique fingertip cursor which enables playing large puzzle grids with ease and precision: to draw a wall, move cursor to the desired location and tap anywhere on the screen. To draw multiple walls, press and hold fingertip until the wall is drawn and start dragging to neighboring walls.
To help see the puzzle progress, graphic previews in the puzzle list show the progress of all puzzles in a volume as they are being solved. A Gallery view option provides these previews in a larger format.
For more fun, Conceptis Sym-a-Pix includes a Weekly Bonus section providing an extra free puzzle each week.
• 100 free Sym-a-Pix puzzles in Basic Logic and Advanced Logic
• Extra bonus puzzle published free each week
• Puzzle library continuously updates with new content
• Manually created by artists, top quality puzzles
• Unique solution for each puzzle
• Grid sizes up to 65x100
• Multiple difficulty levels
• Hours of intellectual challenge and fun
• Sharpens logic and improves cognitive skills
• Zoom, reduce, move puzzle for easy viewing
• Error checking option when a block is completed
• Unlimited check puzzle
• Unlimited Undo and Redo
• Auto-solve starting points option
• Auto-complete symmetrical walls option
• Exclusive fingertip cursor design for solving large puzzles
• Graphic previews showing puzzles progress as they are being solved
• Concurrently playing and saving multiple puzzles
• Puzzle filtering, sorting and archiving options
• Dark Mode support
• Portrait and landscape screen support (iPad only)
• Track puzzle solving time
• Backup & restore puzzle progress to iCloud
Sym-a-Pix have also become popular under other names such as Tentai Show, Galaxies and Artist Block. Similar to Picross, Nonogram and Griddlers, the puzzles are solved and the pictures revealed using logic alone. All puzzles in this app are produced by Conceptis Ltd. - the leading supplier of logic puzzles to printed and electronic gaming media all over the world. On average, more than 20 million Conceptis puzzles are solved each day in newspapers, magazines, books and online as well as on smartphones and tablets across the world.
This version improves performance and stability.
Ratings and Reviews
Good mental challenge
Really fun puzzles -- they start pretty simple but get harder. It's a pretty original concept, combining logic and visual thinking. In general, Conceptis puzzles work on the model where you get a small number of games for free, to get a sense of if you like them, and then you have the option to pay for more puzzles in batches. Personally, I greatly prefer this model to the in-app purchases approach, and there are no ads. The larger puzzles are better on an iPad but can be done on an iPhone with some difficulty. The controls are a bit counterintuitive at first but you get used to them. This is one of my favorite game apps.
Update: I’m still playing frequently. Usually the free weekly puzzles are enough, but once in a while I buy a new pack, especially for plane flights etc. I’ve found a lot of the time it doesn’t take that much concentration and is good for unwinding, much like a jigsaw puzzle.
Great puzzles, but expensive
This is my favourite puzzle app (I have many); it's actually one of my favourite apps all together. It's a relatively simple premise, but can definitely become challenging (in a good way). I have have lost some cognitive ability due to medical conditions & these are a fun way to continue challenge myself.
I agree with the person who finds the cursor unnecessary for an app that can only be played on a touchscreen. That said, I do like marking the outlines rather than the squares. I have other puzzle apps that have you fill in the squares directly.
My only major complaint is that the additional packs are expensive. For the price of most of the 20 puzzle pack there are other similar apps whose packages give at least twice as many puzzles. The prices seem to be fairly standard across all the Conceptis Puzzles apps, but I've found apps that are essentially more affordable versions of their other types of puzzles I've liked. I haven't found anything else like this type.
Really like these
2nd edit: I am finally getting pretty good at these puzzles, but the logic to follow when I’m completely stuck still eludes me sometimes. Really enjoy the feeling when I successfully fight my way through to the picture.
Edit: i stand by my earlier assessment. I am becoming more and more impressed with how much logic this game actually takes. I used to spend a lot of time guessing, but I’m getting better at them.
Original Review: I thought they were way too easy at first, but the logical thinking needed as the puzzles get larger and more complicated is quite cool.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Conceptis Ltd.
- 18 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Conceptis Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Logic - Variety 1 $2.99
- Basic Logic - Variety Large 1 $3.99
- Advanced Logic - Variety 1 $2.99
- Basic Logic - Extra Large 1 $4.99
- Basic Logic - Variety 2 $2.99
- Advanced Logic Variety Large 1 $3.99
- Basic Logic - Amazing Places 1 $3.99
- Basic Logic - Variety Large 2 $3.99
- Basic Logic - Mega 1 $7.99
- Basic Logic - Snacks 1 $1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.