iOS 11 compatible version is available as a new app. Search for "SymCalc" in the AppStore.
With full-featured algebra capabilites on par with high-end scientific calculators this applications lets you perform all kind of different operations from the simplest multiplications to computing the integrals of the most complicated functions. (see the screenshots for examples!)
Ideal for high-school or college students, also useful for engineers or anyone dealing with a lot of math.
Even if you are using just a fraction of the functionalities, the iphone-ish, easy-to-use interface makes life much easier compared to traditional calculators.
- Exact arithmetic. 5/15 is 1/3 and not 0.333 (unless you select rounded numerical mode)
- Extensive algebra and calculus capabilities.
- Formulas displayed in "natural" form
- History, storing results in an easy-to-use way
- Unlimited number of variables, user-defined functions
- Session management
- in-app help
Some of the more interesting algebraic capabilities:
- Simplifying or expanding expressions
- Solving equations, systems, differential equations, numerically or symbolically
- Integrals, derivatives, limits, taylor series, etc for function analysis
- Full support for complex numbers
- Vectors, matrices, linear algebra functions
- ... and many other things
User feedback is always welcome!
- bugfixes for limit(), integrate(), sum()
- new function: expand()
- adjustments for iOS 8
Ratings and Reviews
The Must-have Calculator for Science/Math/Engineering
Symbolic Calculator is a phenomenal app for serious work in science/math. I have been using it for years. This is not just a scientific/graphic calculator. It is a symbolic math system that can perform many tasks, such as symbolic integration, differentiation, equation solving, matrix algebra, even more advanced functions used in physics and math. I use python/sympy on my mac, but Symbolic Calculator is often easier to use and more intuitive. I would happily pay $25 for this app and consider it a bargain. I am not affiliated with the developers as I suspect many overly enthusiastic reviewers might be, but this is not hype.
A Computer Algebra System for iOS
I just downloaded it and am VERY impressed. This is a CAS system for the iPad, well designed and capable of calculus operations, including limits (1 and 2 sided), differentiation (arbitrary variable, arbitrary number of times), and integration (definite and indefinite). I don't see a built in way to expand e^i, but there's a program-your-own-function mechanism, and the necessary pieces are there, waiting to be assembled. I highly recommend this app.
Lost my TI-89. No worries now.
This calculator is highly recommended for anyone who is used to a TI. I was able to complete homework I otherwise would not have been able to do thanks to this gem. It's better than a TI because it actually gives instructions for all of its uses. I would pay 10 dollars for this app if I had to.
The developer, Voxeloid Kft., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Voxeloid Kft.
- 8.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 5.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Voxeloid Kft.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.