iOS 11 compatible version is available as a new app. Search for "SymCalc" in the AppStore.
The perfect tool for students, teachers and engineers, built on an extremely powerful algebra engine, Symbolic Calculator is capable of helping with any kind of math problems ranging from basic arithmetics to university-level advanced math. It offers all the advantages of an advanced graphing/scientific calculator mixed with the convenience of modern mobile apps.
- Exact arithmetic. 5/15 is 1/3 and not 0.333 (unless you select rounded numerical mode)
- Store unlimited number of variables, create custom functions
- Algebra: operations on polynomials, such as expansion and factorization, collecting terms, division with remainder, etc.
- Calculus: derivatives, integrals, limits, taylor expansion, etc.
- Linear algebra: full support for matrix operations and many useful functions such as: determinant, rank, reduced echelon form, characteristic polynomial, etc.
- Solvers: equations or equation systems, symbolically or numerically, differential equations
- Full support for complex arithmetics
- Session management: export, import sessions or create PDF files
- Many other versatile built-in functions with descriptions and examples
- adjustments for iOS 8 and new devices
- bugfixes for limit(), integrate(), sum()
- new function: expand()
Ratings and Reviews
I bought several calculator apps to try out and this was the only one that was adequate. It has a simple prompt you type expressions into and it can do both symbolic and floating point math. It can give back back real numbers as well as expressions. One complaint, I wish it was easier to type in functions instead of picking them out of a list. I would pay for the app again if the author were to make another version that took advantage of bigger screens.
Superb for numerical and symbolic work
I am a chemical engineer and have been using this app for over a year and continue to be amazed by its reliability and speed. The analytical engine for differentiation and integration is superb. For more complex work, the full CAS packages such as Maple (my favorite) or Mathematica are appropriate. However, this app suffices for a huge percentage of what I need. It's speed and design are truly outstanding. SUGGESTION: If the developers add the capability for numerical solution of partial differential equations, this would surely become the killer app for engineers and scientists.
Best calculator and computer algebra tool.
In order to do real-life calculations you need to be able to see the answers from previous calculations while you're forming the next calculation. Simple calculators can do that but apps that allow you to solve more complicated equations don't let you look at previous results. This is the only app that treats a linear system solver as being like a trig function-- just another function. Nothing else is even close.
The developer, Voxeloid Kft., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Voxeloid Kft.
- 7.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2009 Janos Barkai
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.