The perfect tool for students, teachers and engineers, built on an extremely powerful algebra engine, SymCalc solves any math problems from basic arithmetics to university-level advanced math. It offers all the advantages of an advanced graphing/scientific calculator mixed with the convenience of a modern mobile app.
- Exact arithmetic. 5/15 is 1/3 and not 0.333 (unless you select rounded numerical mode)
- Store unlimited number of variables, create custom functions
- Algebra: operations on polynomials, such as expansion and factorization, collecting terms, division with remainder, etc.
- Calculus: derivatives, integrals, limits, taylor expansion, etc.
- Linear algebra: matrix operations, determinant, rank, reduced echelon form, characteristic polynomial, etc.
- Solvers: single equations or systems, symbolically or numerically, differential equations
- Complex arithmetics
- Session management: export, import sessions or create PDF files
- All built-in functions come with descriptions and examples
- Fully offline
This free version of SymCalc provides basic symbolic arithmetic features for free. A paid subscription unlocks the more advanced tools and online sharing capabilities.
- Length of subscription is 1 year.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- fix for crash when changing plot settings on recent iOS versions
- fix for iOS keypad covering bottom of the input field
- fix for problems with online sharing
Ratings and Reviews
Best calculator - need optimization for iPhone X
Love this calculator. The best Calculator on the App Store hands down. One small thing is it needs to be optimized for the iPhone X. When you swipe up to close the app, the keyboard registered a “,” or a “.” So when you open the app up again it’s there in the formula bar. other than that the app is perfect.
Trying This Again
I used the prior version of this app until I updated my devices which killed that version.
As a retired IT professional I have mixed feelings about this situation. I am a bit surprised that the prior app could not be altered to run under iOS 11 but as my programming has been for *nix & Windows I cannot make an informed judgement there. I also understand that the app developers have to receive a reasonable return on their time.
I am giving this a 4 star review with very little exposure to the app & hope this version will perform as well as the prior one did. After more time with the app I will update this review & expect this text to be replaced by a 5 star review.
Custom Functions Disappearing ☹️
I’ve used this app for a long time and bought the subscription. It’s the most useful calculator I’ve found.
Except my custom functions randomly and repeatedly disappear. One of the nice things about this app is the ability to define custom functions (which I’m doing a lot of for statistical distributions) but they keep disappearing from the function list. I’ve resorted to keeping a saved session with all the definitions and I have to just periodical change the session, copy the function, paste it, press enter, re-add it as a new global function, and switch back to my “working” session. It’s kind of a tedious and annoying process.
Please fix! 🙏 or tell me what it is I’m doing wrong.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Voxeloid Kft.
- 29.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Voxeloid Kft.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium features $1.99