Symphony is the premiere notation app and notepad for professional musicians, composers, and students alike, allowing to you create anything from piano sheet music to large orchestrations directly on your iPhone.
The Pencil tool allows you to tap anywhere on the canvas to quickly add notes and chords with the multi-staff & multi-voice editor. Powerful editing features like vertical drag to transpose and On-Screen piano lets you compose even more quickly.
Switch to the other Select tool to highlight one or more notes to modify duration, transpose, erase, cut, or paste multiple tracks & bars anywhere you want.
To hear your performance, choose from 100+ acoustic instruments available for live, low-latency, multi-track playback. Import an existing Symphony/SP project or a MIDI/XML file to bring your music collection to life, with an interactive score display & interface optimized for the small screen.
To send your work to a different editor or to a sheet music viewer, Symphony can print your score with AirPrint, share it as a PDF attachment, or as a MIDI, MusicXML, or audio file to DropBox and iCloud Drive.
• Write notes using direct touch, an on-screen instrument, a MIDI input device, or even a QWERTY keyboard
• Notate beautifully formatted chord charts & lead sheets using the Chord Symbol and Lyric tools.
• Import MusicXML, MIDI, MXL, or Symphony files
• Export as a PDF, MusicXML, MIDI, AAC, or Symphony file
• Print the score from your iPad with AirPrint
• Edit grace notes and percussion/drum set notation
• Intuitive score and document navigation
• Up to 15 instruments, 45 staves, 4 voices/layers per score
• Record MIDI to notation in real-time using a click track
• Backup & sync scores with iCloud
• Edit tablature and standard music notation
• Large selection of articulations & dynamics in the Expressions menu
• Copy/Paste function can select multiple measures & staves, and cut single or multiple voices/layers
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Customizable stem directions & note beaming
• Transposing instruments & concert pitch options
• Change tempo or clef at any point in the score
• Stream audio or share your screen wirelessly with AirPlay
• Advanced document management support
• Customizable part groupings for SATB and instrument families
• Customizable chord symbol, lyric, and annotation font
• Loop playback between a region selection
For more info, please visit:
• Product overview: http://symphonypro.net/iphone
• Ask support questions by visiting forums.symphonypro.net
• Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/symphonyapp
• Symphony iPhone is now a paid app before download:
– Free Edition users who have never upgraded can now enable Symphony: Full Edition by rating or reviewing the app
- iOS 13 fixes
- Dark mode support
- General bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
It’s good for when I don’t have my laptop!
Sometimes I won’t have a book to write melodies in or my laptop to actually write it out, but when I use this app I can get some of my ideas out. Only complaint is that I just wish you can write and edit things more easier. You have to kinda dig around for certain tho ha that you want like title, tempo markings and whatnot. I also wish that the playback was expression sensitive. Piano dynamic just sounds like a forte. Other than that, very useful! Just wish it were more user friendly!
Like writing a song with invisible ink.
I spent six months studying fugue composition. Quite a lot of writing if done by hand. Paid more than I usually do for an app to have the basic function of knowing that what I wrote would be there after I wrote it. In the first 48 hours this app crashed 18 times while I was composing for string quartet. Restart and bars are missing. Completely unacceptable. Full stop. If you can’t improve on the pencil, you should not be building apps. Higher functions like individual note selection are absurd... select a note, it creates a new one a flat 2nd above or below. Delete, try to select again, same. Repeat until you forget the melody you were trying to capture. But the lamest thing about this entire app is, it doesn’t have the simple function that musecore does, select a note or group of notes and add any harmonic interval. So add the same melodic intervals to bar os bars in a fifth, seventh, etc... when scoring, time is critical. This app would be disastrous in a real project environment with a deadline. Stop beta-testing on the public after launch. Get your ____ together before you take musicians money. Jerks.
For the Blind... The best Scorewriter I've Found Yet
Most paid scorewriters are either only partially accessible for the blind, or else they just couldn't care less. I have only just tried to use Symphony with a Bluetooth keyboard tonight, but from what I've seen, it far outperforms most scorewriters for which you have to pay a subscription or a large amount of money. I do think the accessibility features as well as the keyboard shortcuts could be made a bit more prominent on the website or in the App Store description, as I believe blind users would greatly benefit from this. But despite a few quirks, my first attempts have gone very well, and I would like to express my appreciation to the developers for their efforts in making this program accessible.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Xenon Labs, LLC
- 292.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Xenon Labs, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Full Edition: Unlimited Projects & Exporting $0.00