Does your child detect if he needs to go to the bathroom? Does your child avoid the bathroom at all costs? SymTrend Toilet lets you easily record about your child’s toilet training. You can chart progress and get tips to improve training.
The SymTrend Toilet app enables you to record about:
- Toilet/diaper checks as often as you do them.
- Nighttime bedwetting.
- Challenging behaviors in response to toilet training.
- Toileting steps completed.
The progress charts (generated on the linked SymTrend Toilet website) help you determine:
- What is getting in the way of your child’s toilet training progress.
- If forcing liquids helps your child sense he has to urinate.
- If your child’s avoidance of the bathroom is due to a sensory sensitivity.
- If medications or other interventions are causing diarrhea or constipation that is complicating toilet training.
SymTrend Toilet gives you a free sampling of the toileting section of SymTrend ADL, a popular activities of daily living app. You get to take advantage of such features of SymTrend ADL as:
- Accessing strategies for improving toilet training.
- Sharing charts with other clinicians/educators working with your child.
- Linking the toileting information to a personal health record.
You can upgrade your SymTrend Toilet account to a SymTrend ADL subscription if you want to do more comprehensive monitoring. Your SymTrend Toilet data and personal health record will be included in subsequent SymTrend ADL recording. The upgraded subscription to SymTrend ADL will enable you to:
- Collect more detailed data about toileting, foods your child is eating, constipation, and stomach distention.
- Evaluate the relationship between challenging or repetitive behaviors and toileting.
SymTrend, Inc. has been a provider of electronic diaries online and on mobile devices since 2002. Its service has been used in research and clinical practice with children with autism and Aspergers since 2004.
Development of this app was partially funded by three small business grants from the National Institute of Mental Health with Award numbers: R41MH075162, R42MH075162 and R41MH086153.
Bug fix for number data entry.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.