Sync is a file transfer app with full sync, backup and restore features.
* Primary drive is free.
* Secondary, removable and cloud storage drives are available via in app purchase at the Sync Shop.
* Automatic and background sync are not yet supported.
* Network drives are not yet supported.
A 'drive' is a local storage unit or a cloud storage service where files and data can be stored, e.g. Disk drive, Dropbox, Box, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, Amazon S3, etc.
A 'source' is a local drive that provides files or data to be uploaded to other drives or receives files downloaded from other drives.
A 'task' is a collection of sources with a target drive, through which a sync, backup or restore operation can be performed.
The app can perform:
* Full Sync: compares and synchronises files at two locations, deleted files in one location are deleted at the other, while new files at one location are uploaded to the other
* Backup Sync: upload changed files from sources to the destination drive
* Restore Sync: download changed files on a drive to target sources
* FILE MANAGER: list and browse files and folders on a drive, upload or download files to and from a drive, delete/rename files and folders on a drive.
File transfers are performed in tasks and you can create as many tasks for any drive, and with as many sources as you prefer.
When you create a task, you will
1. add a list of sources that point to the data you want to backup or restore. For files, this will be the folder containing the files.
2. add a destination drive and then select a destination folder on the drive where the data will be uploaded to or downloaded from.
Each source in a task can have a 'path'. A source path is a folder name, relative to the current task's drive destination folder ,
where a source's files are uploaded to during a backup or downloaded from during restore.
Serves local files and folders over HTTP 1.0
Supports selectable files and folders, folder listing, auto serve index.html, custom document root, partial content and auto start on launch.
For additional help and guides, please visit
HTTP Web Server
Ratings and Reviews
Very difficult to set up. No way to delete. Poor documentation. Zero support through email.
DO NOT TRUST THIS APP OR DEVELOPER
This application is unbelievably unfriendly from a user perspective and EVERY MAJOR DESIRABLE FEATURE IS AN INDIVIDUAL IN-APP PURCHASE THAT DOESN'T WORK. At all. I was taken for over 20USD! Will dispute with Paypal.
App looks like it is good but to do anything you have to purchase
App looks like it is good but to do anything you have to purchase another app to complete what you need to Sync onto. For instance, I want to Sync my photos to an external drive. In order to do that I need to pay $1.99 for the additional app to do what I want to do with this app. So, it is SAD that they did not sell you an app for $5.00 that does it all instead of downloading to find they want more money. I am not even guaranteed that it will do what I want after I purchase it. Here goes……WELL I AM BACK. THIS IS WORSE THAN I THOUGHT, IT MAY WORK BUT I SURE CANT GET IT UP AND SYNCING ANYTHING. I paid the extra money and I’m right where I was at before I paid it. Now I will say that I am used to Windows that seems to work more logically than Mac BUT I thought the whole point behind Mac was that anyone could use it. Disappointed!
Developer Response ,
Sync between two folders on your local drive is free and will always be free, you can use that to test if the app works or not .
Sync to any external drive or cloud storage is a paid feature available via an in-app purchase at the Sync Shop.
We might not be able to help you get used to Mac, but If you need extra help or guidance on how to use the app please contact us at
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Miciniti Nigeria Ltd
- 15.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Miciniti Nigeria Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Google Drive $2.99
- Removable Drive $2.99
- Microsoft OneDrive $1.99
- Dropbox Drive $1.99
- Web Server $2.99
- Amazon S3 Drive $3.99
- 1-hour trial (Web Server) $0.00
- Box Drive $1.99