Sync Folders Pro is an easy-to-use app for beginners, has the ability to fine-tune synchronization settings for the most exacting professionals.
Sync Folders Pro is perfect for backups to external storage devices including:
USB, memory cards, disks on remote computers within your network, folders on Cloud services (Dropbox, etc.) With each re-backup, the app finds and copies only new files and new file versions, thereby reducing backup time and extending the life of your storage devices.
Update to Pro+ (website version) and create a bootable clone of your hard drive and you can use it if your main drive is crashed.
The app can synchronize multiple pairs of folders at the same time "on the fly" using our "REAL TIME SYNC" technology, on a schedule or manually. The Sync Folders Pro also provides robust tools to filter files and folders so that you sync exactly what you want.
Do you have terabytes (TB) of data to sync? No problem! Sync Folders Pro has been optimized to work with extremely large number of files. Sit back and relax, your data is being automatically synced!
The app supports bidirectional synchronization!
Read the App Store reviews from 22 countries on our website! Customers are excited about the application, and we pride the customer support service. Please, contact us with any questions, we are very happy to provide quick answers and make the app better for you.
Install another our great product, VPN Server Configurator, and you can synchronize folders on a remote Mac from anywhere in the world!
Learn more at www.greenworldsoft.com.
Do you have questions?
Please watch our helpful video tutorial on our website.
- Select 2 folders to synchronize.
- Select the synchronization mode, or use the default mode. You do not need to worry about other settings, they are set to the recommended.
- Click the "Sync current task" button and your folders will be synchronized!
Set up an instant synchronization of documents between employees of your organization using the "Real Time Sync" mode.
Employees will always have the latest version of the documents for work.
This mode allows you to instantly sync documents in folders with a large number of files.
It works for 10.8 and later.
- 9 modes of synchronization.
- 4 file comparison modes allow to synchronize files on the storage devices with different file systems (OS X, FAT32, etc.)
- Ability to select what package types synchronize as files, and which as folders.
- You can transform the app to the convenient file manager using powerful filters for files and folders and writing your own copy script.
- Synchronization over the network. The ability to automatically connect network folders before synchronization.
- The ability to disconnect network folders after synchronization automatically.
- Protection for unauthorized disconnect storage devices (folders) during synchronization.
- Saving the last/all versions of files to be deleted. Using this mode, you can always restore deleted files, even if folders have synchronized several times.
- Quick view the latest changes in synchronized folders.
- Ability to log events. You can filter events by type, task, status. Ability to export the event log to an external file.
- Ability to send event log by e-mail in case of synchronization errors.
- Synchronization of subfolder attributes.
- Writing your own copy scripts, for example:
- Copy all non-synced files to selected folder before copying.
- Copying files using Unix commands: cp, rsync ...
Many thanks to falconexe for his ongoing help with the English translation!
- Improved stability.
Important: You should synchronize tasks in the previous version before updating if the task contains:
- "A≺-≻B" sync mode
- "Resolving the file versions conflict" mode
- "Real Time Sync" mode
- "Before sync check changes in sync-folders" mode
- New app engine
- Added Preview mode.
* Ability to set the operation type for the selected items before synchronization.
* Ability to copy selected files to a third folder (folder C).
- Improved file / folder filter
- Improved sync folders connection.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
my choice after trying 5-10 different sync softwares
I was a huge fan of Synk until they stop developing the software. Since then I’ve tried GoodSync, Synchronize X, ChronoSync, SuperDuper and at least half a dozen other until I finally found SYNC FOLDER PRO which does (almost) everything the others do.
The interfact is not very user friendly and could use an overhaul and streamlining for simplicity and ease of use but almost all the features are there (except maybe an easy way to do an incremental sync based on a date of last modification). It’s great that it’s on the app store, that it works on the background, that it’s light and it’s HUGELY POWERFUL!!!
I highly recommend this for the power user and if you are unusure you can start with the free version and see if you need the features of this Pro version.
Great program - Great price!
I was searching for a program that would enable me to back up some important files, but which were not stored on my main hard drive, which uses Time Machine for backup. I kept those files on one external disk. And, like they say, “if you only have one copy …you don’t have a backup.” So, I wanted to make two external drives serve as backups to the original drive. But I didn’t want to have to manually go through all the files to be certain that I’d copied over ALL, and any NEW files I had added.
It was then that I found "Sync Folders Pro,” (I opted for the paid version) which fit the bill perfectly. The instructions are a little confusing and require some time and effort to get the various concepts into your head. But I found that the Support for the program was excellent in that when I had some questions there were “almost immediate” answers sent to me. I was impressed!
I recommend this program to anyone who wants to sync files over two or more devices. Every imaginable way to sync is covered and a user would be hard pressed not to have satisfaction in the results.
The price is practically a “give-away.” It’s a great value for your money and it appears by the customer ratings that I’m not alone in my praise for a programming job well done. Sure! The interface could be improved, but the end result would still be the same!
Finally one that works, and makes logical sense
I've worked with backup software for over 4 decades - most of them are problematic in one way or another. Sync FOlders Pro overcomes these issues.
The various sync/ backup options are comprehensive, and the backups are written in normal disk format, so no cryptic unzipping, specialized software to recover your backup, etc. is needed. It is as close to natural disk management as it comes. As the actual execution of the file transfer is using standard operating system command line syntax, there is nothing cryptic or proprietary about the backups.... one of the pitfalls with lots of other backup software, is the proprietary nature of the backup structure, requiring the backup software for recovery. Version incompatibilities and obselesense can impact your ability to recover old backups. Not so with Sync Folders Pro. You can search the backup just as if it were the primary hard drive.
And beyond backup, is the sync characteristics, allowing just changes to be copied, old copies retained, etc. All in all, an excellent program and very inexpensive for what it does.
- VADIM ZYBIN
- 4.1 MB
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © GreenWorldSoft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.