Learn to play the piano using falling notes!
Start playing immediately, even if you can't read sheet music. Use the touchscreen or connect a digital keyboard and play using real piano keys!
- Synthesia will wait until you hit the correct note in "Melody Practice" mode.
- Perform each hand separately or together.
- Try more than 20 songs in the free version.
- Buy the unlock to play 130 more, along with every other MIDI song ever created.
- Connect your own digital piano and play along.
- Compatible with the lights in most lighted keyboards.
- Optionally show traditional sheet music, in addition to the falling notes.
- Master each section by creating a loop and practicing repeatedly.
- Keep time using the built-in metronome.
- Learn the correct fingers to use from the hints included with every song.
- Choose from more than 100 different instrument sounds.
• Full screen sheet music. (Check the new gear menu.)
• Bookmarks and loops shown in sheet music.
• Set the number of errors you'd like before your loop restarts automatically.
• Dark Mode support.
• Fixed several bugs on iPadOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
Great but for one thing
For people wanting stick strictly to sheet, I wish there was a way to expand the sheet portion and hide the falling notes, and show more than a single horizontal line of sheet music at once.
Other than that, it’s a fine program.
EDIT: Thanks for the response! Can’t wait for multiline full screen mode!
Developer Response ,
Full-screen, multi-line sheet music is coming in the Synthesia 11 update. :)
I think that this app has a lot of potential but for beginners like me I honestly don’t see the point. The songs are really great but it’s impossible to play them because it’s too fast ,and the tutorial was anything but helpful I had to delete this game almost right after I downloaded it because I honestly didn’t see the point in keeping it any more. The tutorial doesn’t even explain how to use the app properly. Honestly, I’m rather disappointed 😞 I was really looking forward to playing a real song for once . In simpler words I wasn’t impressed 👎🏻
Great Way To Learn Piano!
This is a really fun way to learn piano. You play songs right from the beginning using finger positions rather than notes along with a waterfall type of note delivery. I'm really enjoying it, which makes the time I spend doing longer and more productive. I don't think it's fully complete, in that it doesn't seem to teach note reading or any music theory, but it's a good way to learn to play the keys and build muscle memory.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.