Summer SALE started! Expansion packs are 40% OFF (starts from $2.99)
Desktop presets upgrade is 50% OFF till September 1! SynthMaster 2 is just $14.99 until September 1!
KV331 Audio is proud to announce the availability of their award winning software synthesizer SynthMaster 2.9 on iOS platform. As being the first app developed using KV331 Audio’s new cross-platform UI framework, SynthMaster 2 runs as a standalone app or AUv3 plugin on iPads with iOS 11 and above.
SynthMaster 2 supports native resolutions of various iPad devices. User interfaces are provided for 9.7, 11 and 12.9 inch iPads in 4 different skins (Blue, White, Dark, Proto). Separate interfaces are provided for the AudioUnit plugin as well.
SynthMaster 2 comes with 1000 factory presets designed by world class sound designers such as BigTone, Nori Ubukata, NatLife and Yuli Yolo. Thanks to the comprehensive preset browsing features, users can easily filter presets by author name, bank name, instrument type or preset name and find the sounds that they are looking for.
There’s also an IAP Shop, which lets users purchase additional sounds:
1. "Desktop Presets Upgrade": At the intro price of $4.99, this IAP adds all factory presets in SynthMaster 2.9, increasing the total preset count to 2000.
2. "All Expansions Bundle": At the intro price of $39.99, this IAP adds all current 32 SynthMaster preset expansion banks.
At the heart of SynthMaster 2’s powerful sound engine lies its oscillators, modulators, and filters.
The oscillators can operate in 4 different modes to generate sound:
1. In Basic mode, the oscillator plays single cycle waveforms or samples. With the Oscillator Unison turned on, up to 8 voices per oscillator can be played.
2. In Additive mode, 8 Basic oscillators can be stacked up to create richer tones.
3. In Wavetable mode, the oscillator can play wavetables with up to 256 frames.
4. In Vector mode, 4 Basic oscillators are mixed in 2 dimensions.
Modulators are simply basic oscillators that can be added to other oscillators or modulate other oscillators’ or modulators’ phases. By connecting modulators to other oscillators or modulators, complex FM tones can be synthesized.
Importing Wave Files into SynthMaster:
While designing sounds, users can easily import wave files into SynthMaster 2. SynthMaster 2 can categorize those files into waveforms, wavetables or multi samples and import them accordingly.
Once the sound is generated by the oscillators it goes through SynthMaster’s filters, which can operate in 6 different categories: Digital, VAnalog, Ladder, Diode Ladder, State Variable and Bite.
Custom distortion can be applied before or after the filters as well.
SynthMaster 2 features a comprehensive modulation architecture with a wide range of modulation sources:
1. MIDI controls
2. Macros controls
3. 4 ADSR envelopes per layer
4. 4 Multisegmented envelopes per payer
5. 4 LFOs per layer
6. 4 Sequencers per layer
7. 4 Keyscalers per layer
There’s real-time visual feedback that lets users see how modulation sources and targets are changing when a note is being played. This is extremely helpful when designing sounds with SynthMaster 2.
New modulations can be created easily by dragging and dropping a modulation source onto a knob or slider control.
Users can easily see which controls are modulated by a modulation source by clicking on that source. Controls that are being modulated by that source will display modulation amounts. By long pressing a control, the modulation amount can be edited without the need to go through the mod matrix.
SynthMaster features a comprehensive arpeggiator / sequencer with 32 steps. Users can easily create sequences by recording steps one by one.
Each of the 2 layers in SynthMaster has 5 insert effect slots. 13 different types of effects can be instantiated in any of those slots. There are also 2 global effect send busses which can be used to create more complex effect routings.
1. Users can now restore SynthMaster Player iOS iAPs
2. Users can now import/export presets
1. Restore IAP button is not functional
2. When user taps the browse button for the 2nd time, navigation should go back to the previous tab
3. Modulation target dropdown control is not functional
4. When modulation target filter is changed, modulation matrix is not updated
5. When a modulation source is dragged onto a target control, modulation matrix is not updated
6. SynthMaster doesn't select correct UI layout in AudioUnit version
7. 'Show Settings' and 'About SynthMaster' menus don't work in AudioUnit version
8. 'Contact us' menu should not be visible in AudioUnit version
9. Container controls are not resized correctly
10.Global parameters are not saved in Audionit version
11.Browser banks list items are not sorted
12.When the value of tempo textbox is changed, that's not reflected in the synth engine
13.Vector osc xyview doesn't show on AudioUnit version
14.SynthMaster crashes after presets are downloaded from server
15.When a preset is saved under a sub folder under 'Presets' folder, the sub folder name should be interpreted as the bank name
16.Rename preset menu is not functional
17.SynthMaster doesn't display purchase status of IAPs/expansions correctly
18.Arp bypass is incorrectly linked to Layer bypass (blue skin)
19.Choosing "FM" as modulation type for osc/mod selects "PM" instead
1. iPad Pro M1 devices running on MacOS 14.5 and above create intermittent crackes. Please report this issue to Apple!
Ratings and Reviews
Different machine same IAP presets
New features same old IAP presets... my mistake? I bought them twice thinking they were different... “1000 stock presets” more like 856 after registration... don’t tell the devs this though... they’re super sensitive to being called out and will resort to slinging shade at you.
Now, all that said, this is probably the best sounding and most usable synth on iOS hands down and is a must have for mobile musicians... but the same can be said about the SM1 and SMP as they sound identical since they all share the same presets with the difference being the extra feature set and the fact that SM2 can house all IAP presets from all of them.
Developer Response ,
Hi, you can't purchase the same IAP twice on Apples' AppStore. If you are referring to SynthMaster Player IAPs, we added support for restoring them inside SynthMaster 2, in our v1.0.2 update. Regarding SynthMaster One, it IS a DIFFERENT synth with DIFFERENT presets, compared to SynthMaster 2/Player. Regarding 856 factory presets after registering, please contact us with your registered email address so we can test this case. You should have received an additional 100 presets after registration.
This is an outstanding sounding synth with a great UI. The inclusion of samples is awesome as well. All around an unexpected and impressive update and expansion to an all ready super VST.
However, of note, the presets packs are not loading correctly from past purchases of SynthMaster player and SynthMaster one. Even with restore IAP nothing is transferring for me. So I just bought them all since I had several missing from one and player that said purchasing them in SM2 does not give you access to them in the older apps at present this is a disappointing implementation of presets
Issues with force closing
Nothing is more frustrating than working 35 minutes on a preset, just to have the program force close the moment you hit save.
Trust is so blindly given with ISO apps because the programming is usually stellar and something we don’t think of as much as we used to back in the early Windows programs…
So for this to happen on a tried and true program such as SynthMaster seems a little disheartening!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- KV331 YAZILIM LTD STI
- 959.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © KV331 Audio
- In-App Purchases
- Desktop Presets Upgrade $4.99
- All Expansions Bundle $39.99
- Historical Synth Giants Vol.1 $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.