SynthMaster One iOS is KV331 Audio's first full blown universal synth app on iOS platform. It's a powerful wavetable synth with an intuitive workflow. With its simple layout, rich wavetable/waveform content and inspiring factory presets library, designing new sounds with SynthMaster One iOS is a joy.
SynthMaster One iOS is feature wise identical to the desktop version except the following:
* 16 voice polyphony (32 for the desktop version)
* Comes with 650 presets (1250 for the desktop version)
* Universal App: SynthMaster One is now a universal standalone/AUv3 synth app running on iPhone 7 and above.
* 650 Factory Presets: SynthMaster One iOS comes with inspiring factory presets from a world class team of sound designers: Arksun, Aiyn Zahev, BigTone Studios, Brian Transeau, Bluffmunkey, Bulent Biyikoglu, Gercek Dorman, Dejavu Sound, Fragment Audio, Kurt Ader, Mirko Ruta, Nori Ubukata, Rob Lee, Ufuk Kevser, Selcuk Ergen, The Machine, Vandalism Sound, Venus Theory, Vorpalsound and Xenos Soundworks
* AUv3: SynthMaster One iOS supports AudioUnits V3, allowing multiple instances to run under supporting DAW apps like GarageBand, Cubasis or Beat Maker.
* Files App Integration: Easily import/export presets, waveforms or scales using the common file browser UI (requires iOS 11+).
* Real-time Modulation Feedback: See in real-time how modulation sources and targets change. This is a very helpful feature when designing sounds!
* Cross Platform Cloud Synchronization: Easily synchronize your SynthMaster One related data across multiple platforms (Windows, MacOS, iPad, iPhone)
* Semi-Modular Architecture: For each SynthMaster One instance, there are 2 oscillators with 2 sub oscillators, 2 Filters, 4 ADSR Envelopes, 3 LFOs, a powerful 16 step arpeggiator/sequencer and also 11 different effects that can be inserted on to 6 FX insert slots. The sub oscillators can be connected to the oscillators in 5 different modes which let you use it as a regular sub oscillator or do complex modulations such as ring modulation, amplitude modulation, phase modulation or frequency modulation.
* 32 Step Arpeggiator/Sequencer: The arpeggiator in SynthMaster One features classic arpeggiator modes such as Up, Down, UpDown, DownUp, UpDown2, DownUp2, AsPlayed as well as Sequence, Chord and Arpeggiate modes.
* Wavetable Synthesis: SynthMaster One implements true wavetable synthesis which opens up new possibilities for sound design. It comes with a rich content library with hundreds of waveforms and wavetables.
* Stereo Oscillators with up to 16 voices Unison: Each of the 2 oscillators in SynthMaster One have stereo output, and can have up to 16 voices "unison". Using the "voices", "voices mix", "detune curve", "detune spread", "pan stread", "tone spread" and "phase spread" parameters, each oscillator can generate a rich "supersaw" type sound.
* Zero Delay Feedback Filters: All of the 4 filter categories in SynthMaster One are developed using the zero delay feedback filter technology. With advanced filter parameters like input gain, drive, acid, filter nonlinearities and up to 4 times oversampling you can get that "analog" sound from the filters!
* Rich Set of Effects: SynthMaster One features 11 different effect types: Distortion, LoFi, Ensemble, Phaser, 6 Band EQ, Compressor, Vocoder, Delay, Chorus, Tremolo, Reverb.
* Microtuning: SynthMaster One supports Scala tuning, so tuning can be set either for each preset or globally by loading from a Scala tuning file. SynthMaster One comes with 300+ scales ranging from 5 note equal tempered scales to 12 note alternate tuning scales.
* Preset Browser: SynthMaster One features a comprehensive preset browser with separate search criterias for instrument type, preset attributes, music style or preset author.
* All 64-bit iPad devices
* AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions
* Note-per-channel MIDI controllers (MPE)
* Ableton Link
* Interapp Audio and AudioBus
* Bluetooth LE MIDI Controllers
1. Renaming plug-in name to "KV331 Audio: SynthMaster One" prevents Cubasis 2 projects from loading, so reverting back to "k331: SynthMaster One"
2. When a new waveform is imported and loaded, SynthMaster One loads the incorrect waveform.
3. iPad AU skin missing some UI elements (LFO display, FX window)
4. MIDI Out parameter is not persisted when keyboard dialog is reopened
5. Swipe up gesture closes Arp dialogs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Powerful Wavetable Synth Plus
There are two oscillators, subs, a multitude of modulation options, filters, LFOs, routing options plus scala support and MIDI MPE. Works well as an AU.
Being able to add your own wavetables is great for devices that support slide over. Slide over doesn’t work on iOS 12 on an iPad Mini 2 so there is no way to add custom wavetables. The app you try to drop files to will be darkened on an iPad Mini 2 rather than regular brightness for devices like the iPad Air 2 that support it.
I contacted the developer through their website weeks ago and they still haven’t addressed the issue. I’m using version 1.1.1 on iOS 12 on both an iPad Air 2 and an iPad Mini 2.
The version 1.0 of the SynthMaster One iOS manual has information and screenshots for the desktop version with instructions for wavetable import that do not work for the iOS version.
When I try to import my presets with custom wavetables to another iOS device by opening them from the app’s iCloud folder or using AirDrop, the wavetables do not transfer into the app either. There is also no way to delete wavetables I’d added and their listed by the order I’ve added them rather than alphabetically without an option for sub folders. The developer could provide File apps import for better wavetable management.
A Must Have! Don’t even hesitate!
***Updated 6.7.18 (Is anyone else having issues with Bluetooth headphones?) I am on an iPad Pro using Sony BT studio headphones. When I try to open SynthMaster One it will force closes the app, unless I turn off my headphones then restart the app... When I do that I cannot get the headphones to work without shutting the app ooff If I open SynthMaster One in Cubasis or Garage Band, it will then allow me to open the app and get signal flow to my Sony’s ... but then it will ONLY ALLOW SynthMasters output and NOTHING ELSE outside the app. I have to close Cubasis or Garage Band, just so I can get any type of sound back into my headphones.
I loved all of KV331’s synths since I first started playing VST’s back in 2005, on my Dell PC. It’s hard to believe that it has already been 13 years!
I must admit that when I downloaded SynthMaster on my iPad I was expecting it to be (what THIS app actually is)
So if you downloaded SynthMaster and loved the sound, but hated that you didn’t have full control, then this is what you have been waiting for.
FULL CONTROL over sound, Arps, Osc, Filters, Envelopes, effects, ect.
The wave forms that this are here, wow! Not just a few Saws, Sines, Triangles, and basic noises, but everything between and then some.
I must say I only played for a few hours... But KV331 has earned a place in the Apple’s Best of 2018, that’s just a fact!
Great synth with MPE issues
This is a few inches away from being my #1 synth. It’s good good. Great interface and playability. Global pitch bend settings are essential for mpe and this has it (you’d be surprised how many “mpe” synths don’t have global pitch bend settings which literally makes it unusable as a mpe synth). But they keys get stuck too often when playing in MPE mode. Which makes it unusable for live gig performance. I would also appreciate it if after touch was built into the presets.
- KV331 YAZILIM LTD STI
- 361.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 KV331 Audio
- In-App Purchases
- Desktop Presets Upgrade $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.