Syntronik is a dream library recreating the sonic signature of the most sought-after classic analog synthesizers and string machines ever created, all deeply multi-sampled and chosen for their unique feel and magical tone, ready to play on your iPhone® or iPad®.
Get started with 50 instrument presets using sounds from 17 different synthesizers. Syntronik gives you access to all features immediately, so you can shape and edit these sounds in a range of innovative ways.
Create complex rhythms and sequences with a powerful note and chord arpeggiator, each with its own assignable range and settings as well as the ability to store them for instant recall.
Forge, mangle and shape sounds thanks to 37 effects ranging from dynamic processors to amps, filters, EQs, modulation, reverbs and more. Each instrument allows for chaining up to 5 different effects, for never-heard-before sound combinations.
Syntronik fully supports Audio Unit hosts like GarageBand, Cubasis, Auria, and others, allowing you to easily record projects on the go using your favorite synths from the collection.
The complete Syntronik library recreates the sound of 44 classic hardware synthesizers and string machines and cover an incredibly wide range of sonic palettes, giving you over 1,600 instrument presets, 200 meticulously programmed Multis* and 129 exciting arpeggios.
Thanks to IK’s DRIFT™ technology, which emulates the way real analog circuits behave over time, Syntronik is the most authentic sounding analog virtual synthesizer to date and is the one-stop solution for musicians, producers and synth aficionados demanding utmost sound quality and extreme playability.
Our team of developers and sound designers worked relentlessly to capture each machine’s “DNA” for the most realistic and flexible instruments possible. Now you can have these sounds with you on your mobile device to create music and grooves anywhere inspiration strikes.
• Includes 50 instrument presets using sounds from 17 virtual synthesizers.
• Expandable up to 22 virtual synths providing the iconic sound of 44 machines: (Moog Memorymoog, Micromoog, Model D, Modular Moog, Opus 3, Prodigy, Rogue, Taurus I, Taurus II, Taurus 3, Voyager, Multimoog, and Polymoog; Roland SH-5, SH-2, Juno-60, Jupiter-4, Jupiter-6, Jupiter-8, JX-10, JX-3P, JX-8P, RS-09 Organ/Strings, RS-505 Paraphonic, and TB-303 Bassline; Oberheim OB-X, OB-Xa, and SEM; Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 and Prophet-10; Yamaha CS-01II, CS-80, GX-1 and SY99; Korg Mono/Poly and Polysix; ARP 2600 and String Ensemble; EMS VCS3, Alesis Andromeda, Solina, Elka, Rhapsody 490, Hohner String Performer, PPG Wave 2.3, Realistic Concertmate MG-1)
• Dynamic arpeggiators: create complex and compelling rhythmic lines
• Multis: combine instruments, define ranges, split points, FX and sequences
• 37 astounding effects: (Black 76, White 2A, Model 670, Parametric EQ, Vintage EQ-1A, Channel Strip, Crusher, Overdrive, Overscream, Lo-Fi, Phonograph, AM Modulation, Ensemble Chorus, Chorus C1, Electric Flanger, FM Modulation, Opto Tremolo, Phaser, Rotary Speaker, Small Phazer, Uni-V, AutoPan, Slicer, LFO Filter, Env Filter, Wah, Multi Filter, Digital Reverb, Digital Delay, Spring Reverb, Tape Echo, Stereo Imager, Amp & Cab Echo, Modern Tube Lead, SVT Classic, Jazz Amp 120)
• DRIFT™ technology: exact emulation of analog circuit behavior over time
• 4 analog-modeled filters: Moog transistor ladder, Roland's IR3109 chip, Curtis CEM3320 chip, Oberheim SEM state variable filter
• 1650 presets
• 200 Multis*
• 129 arpeggios
• Inter-App Audio & Audiobus compatible
• Single models available separately via in-app purchase
• AU plug-in support
*Available by purchasing the full version of Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe (full or upgrade), or all the individual Synths of the collection via IAP.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are not associated with IK Multimedia.
- Synths Manager – Manage install, download, and uninstalling directly in the app
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
MIDI promiscuous, in 2017?! (Now remedied!)
**EDIT** New version adds selectable MIDI channel, consider my complaining about MIDI channel no longer applicable!
Seriously, this thing responds on all connected MIDI devices to all MIDI channels on all layers.
A 4 layer synth app, without even the option to restrict MIDI to a single master channel is just baffling.
That being said, IK is on to something here, the result of the sample + subtractive synth controls is actually fabulous, the sounds are inspiring and rich, and almost as importantly, very tweakable.
It would be my main synth app if I could somehow control what it responds to.
Acceptable would be a single master channel and device selection option.
Optimal would be selectable MIDI channel per layer.
Another quibble is that while the MIDI CC mapping is well implemented, MIDI controlled mutes are abrupt and snap audibly.
Also, the sliders are impossible to adjust to a value accurately; you pretty much can't adjust a layer an octave down or up, getting any value to .00 is an exercise in frustration as it jumps all over the place.
If IK can remedy these issues, it's without a doubt a 5 star app; it tonally stands in the top group of iOS synths.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your detailed review and feedback! Glad to hear you are enjoying the sounds. Stay tuned for future updates for improvements and new features, more to come! For returning a value to .00, try to double tap the parameter to reset it. Regarding any other concerns, please contact our Support team here for more details:
...music production is possible. You have to approach this instrument like a professional to get professional results. You also have to be creative to see the endless possibilities for solid and useful music production with this app. Good sounds and decent sound design capabilities. It’s is worth the money for pros and deeply dedicated hobbyists. There are plenty of nice synths to obtain in the App Store to if you don’t want to spend the money here. This app is worth its price to those that know how to use it. Budget buyers have a lot of other options. So you don’t have to diss this app for being out of your price range. Those reviews and ratings are unfair and unnecessary because people already know the price. The good reviews tell ikmultimedia how to improve the UI and playability and fix bugs.
Long story short: For full price there are nice synths...even better with processing through your choice of fx. Some sound design is here with many presets to get you started. Your musicality and creativity will determine what you get but this is a legit resource for making great and professional sounding music. Integrate it with other gear to get your own unique sound design.
User interface needs a lot of work.
Simply loading a synth is confusing. Instead of just being able to pick a synth and load it, you first have to pick one of the banks, select a synth and select a preset. Then you have to tap the tiny pic of the synth to get to the controls. It’s not exactly conducive to just starting from scratch. And you have to register an account just to access the help file, which is sketchy. I already paid for the app, and this is completely unnecessary and frustrating if you just want to learn to use the thing. To get the keyboard up on an iPhone screen, you have to access a menu and tap the option for Extended, instead of simply swiping from the bottom like a lot of other apps do (or just have the keyboard always up and have the control panel for the synth scrollable). There are some other things that need to be addressed, but these are some of the major ones. I already wish that I hadn’t spent the $15.
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 247.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- ©2013-2020 IK Multimedia Production srl
- In-App Purchases
- Syntronik Full $79.99
- Syntronik Deluxe Upgrade $24.99
- Syntronik Deluxe $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.