Sysex Base is a MIDI sysex file manager for iPhone and iPad. Back up your synth sounds, organize libraries, and load them back onto your synths! Designed to be quick and easy to use.
Some of the features:
- Record and send sysex data via a connected MIDI interface, or wireless or Bluetooth MIDI
- Organize your sysex files into folders, rename them, delete them, etc.
- Adjustable transmit speed, for working with older hardware
- Automatically back up your sysex files using iCloud
- Open sysex files from other apps such as Mail, Dropbox, Google Drive
- Export sysex files to other apps just as easily
- Quickly view the data inside of a sysex file, including the individual bytes, the Manufacturer indicated, the file size, and the number of sysex messages in the file
Also, Sysex Base allows you to record incoming sysex data and transmit sysex to your synth at the same time! So you can even do backups of older synths (such as the Casio CZ series) that require a message to be sent to them to trigger a data dump. These trigger files can be saved within Sysex Base like any other file.
Fixed a bug that prevented new folders from being created.
Ratings and Reviews
Works only w/ banks, not specific sysex programs
I actually bought Patch Base from the same developer first, and started using it with my Volca FM. The app worked, but is only for iPad and has some glitches/crashing when moving files around. So, I thought I would try out Sysex Base on my iPhone, to give me even more options for moving sysex files to my Volca FM.
Unfortunately, while it works basically as advertised, it only supports entire sysex dumps, which wipe out all 32 programs on your device and overwrite them. I guess I should have expected this to happen, but with Patch Base, I had the ability just to try out an individual sound within a sysex bank, and then save it on my Volca FM. So, I'm unlikely to use it much, but that primarily my fault for not paying enough attention to what it does and doesn't do. Generally, however, the app seems to work in terms of storing and transmitting sysex data.
Working great. Now I don’t have to drag out a twenty year old laptop to back up my patches!
What a fantastic tool to have. Please keep supporting it.
Every app you've made, that I have - I love them all 🙂
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.