When you have to deal with a lot of tabs in your browser it's very hard to find one you want and move to it.
Tab Switcher is a powerful browser manager for Safari and Chrome that provides fast switching between tabs and windows.
This app will list your tabs and you can switch or bring them in front instantly. You can also filter, navigate around and apply commands with your keyboard.
Get the job done fast even if you have 20, 50 or 100 tabs opened in multiple windows. Tab Switcher makes multitasking easier and faster.
Also, with one click you can keep your workspace organised like a pro: resize and move your tabs and windows fast. For example, you can put two tabs side by side in no time.
HOW TO USE THE APP
• Click the app icon from the menu bar or use the hotkey (Cmd + Enter)
• Navigate with your keyboard or click any tab to bring it to front
• Organise your workspace by resizing and moving your browsers in one menu click. You can put two tabs side by side instantly
• Options to create a new tab, close and reload are also available
• Show all your browser tabs and windows in one place for immediate access
• Fast search (filter by address and title)
• Navigate around with your keyboard
• Resize and move tabs and windows (layout to the left, right, bottom, top or maximise). Organise your workspace the way you want it
• Open your tabs with another browser: Safari, Safari Technology Preview, Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, Opera, Brave
• Create, close or reload any tab or window
• Show the app in the menu bar or in the middle of the screen
• Customise the app with a dark theme
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complaint and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Now you can open your tabs with another browser (if installed): Safari, Safari Technology Preview, Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, Opera, Brave
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app has potential, but it’s not there yet
This app has some potential, but it’s not there yet.
• The app lets you interact with tabs in Safari or Chrome.
• It’s nice that you can filter your list of tabs.
• The app takes over the Cmd Enter keyboard shortcut, which is especially inconvenient since Cmd Enter is the existing keyboard shortcut within Tweetbot to send the current tweet. And Cmd Enter is also the existing keyboard shortcut within countless email clients to send the current email. And Cmd Enter is also the keyboard shortcut within word to insert a page break. (Honestly, I can hardly think of a worse keyboard shortcut.)
• It’s really slow to scroll through the list of open tabs if you have a few hundred tabs open. (I have about 700 tabs open in Safari—yeah, my bad, I know—and the scrolling in Tab Switcher’s dropdown is as slow as molasses.
• If you have a few hundred tabs open, there’s effectively no way to enter the app’s preferences or quit the app since those options are at the very bottom of the app’s dropdown, and to get to the bottom of the list, you have to scroll past all your open tabs. And when you have 700 tabs open, and when the app is suuuper slow to scroll when you have that many tabs open, it’s essentially impossible to get to the bottom of the app’s dropdown.
• I like that you can filter your list of tabs, but there’s no easy way to, say, close all tabs from Google. Ideally, I'd be able to enter “Google” in the search bar and then click on a “x” icon next to each tab in the list to close it. But there’s no such “x” when you hover over each tab. Rather, you have to go to that individual tab’s submenu and choose close—and then you have to do that over and over for every tab in the results list.
• And lastly, just as a minor thing, it could be nice if Tab Switcher’s dropdown were to show the URL for each tab (in addition to the tab’s title). That could make it a bit easier to remember which tabs are which in case it may have been a while since you last visited a tab (or in case you’re a doofus like me who has 700 open tabs in Safari).
The app is decent. I think the appearance could be sleeker. Specially if you make the popup a bit larger to account for longer website names and remove the |> at the end to make it look cleaner.
Another possible improvement is to implement a CMD-TAB like release skim for even quicker app switch.
I would have paid for this if it was accessible for Vivaldi, which is my go to app.
app doesnt even open
downloaded the app, but it will not even open so I can use it....
Developer Response ,
The application is located in the top menubar, near the clock - click it's icon and the app will open. Also, you can use the Command + Enter shortcut key to open it.
Hope this helps.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.