AppCoustic® tableread Production App.
The AppCoustic® tableread Production App is a free*, easy-to-use film and television productivity mobile application that allows you to read and listen to scripts, including screenplays and teleplays on mobile devices - anytime, anywhere. Simply import a professionally formatted script in PDF or Final Draft FDX format and listen.
Upgrade to Pro for further functionality. Listen to scripts as read by over 45 unique character voices and add an inspiring soundtrack from a library of genre specific scores. Create and export script notes and utilize powerful rehearsal features.
From script to screen the AppCoustic® tableread Production App is a must have for the entire production process.
• Imports professionally formatted scripts directly from PDF.
• Imports Final Draft files in FDX format.
• Formats scripts for viewing in mobile devices.
• Read and listen to scripts.
• Skip to next or previous scene/ page or line.
• Access online help via the Help Menu or contact the developers directly.
• Open tableread Ready Script Projects. (Script Projects exported from the AppCoustic® tableread Production App).
Share your thoughts with the tableread Production App by leaving a review here in the Apple App Store or by contacting us via Facebook (/tablereadPro) or Twitter (@tablereadPro).
AppCoustic® tableread Production App Pro (tableread Pro) subscription plan advantages:
• Assign unique character voices (45+ voices).
• Customize all voices via rate and shape.
• Select voices by gender and age.
• Create script notes.
• Make simple script edits.
• Read and listen to script notes.
• Export and share script notes and edits.
• Incorporate genre specific scores (20+ tracks).
• Scores can dynamically dim under dialogue and peak over action.
• Rehearsal features including character selections, scene/s selection and looping, pause for me to deliver then read, mute rehearsal dialogue and play rehearsal scenes only.
• Playback rate toggle, to read at a standard or faster pace.
The AppCoustic® tableread Production App subscription plan is available as:
• tableread Pro monthly for $2.99(USD).
Subscriptions include a standard 7 day free trial period. Subscriptions will be charged unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the free trial period. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in your Account Settings after purchase.
Se've fixed a few more issues in regards to PDF importation
Ratings and Reviews
(updated) need pro version but it's a valuable tool
They don't make it clear but you need to buy the pro version if you don't want it to read dialogue names. I have noticed with so far just one screenplay what other people said about it crashing, I suspect because of the multiple instances of dual dialogue in that particular screenplay that it couldn't process - it gets everything right except for dual dialogue - and the voices don't sound natural except for Harold as the narrator - I'm guessing his voice got the most developer attention - but even in speaking roles he too doesn't sound very natural. It's okay, though. It gets the job done. You just need to hear words read to you, firstly in a voice different from the one in your head to see how it sounds to someone unfamiliar with the material, and secondly just to get through a read-through of your or even other work faster. Without aid, just reading at my own pace, I can get bored or tired. This way I can follow along. They say the best teaching tool is to read more scripts. Well, this way you can. I'm not giving a full 5 stars because I think the voices could sound a bit more natural. I think Harold as the narrator proves that. Nonetheless it is still a very valuable tool and worth the very little that it costs.
Developer Response ,
Did you get my message about reading names in Settings? It's a part of the PRO version.
Love it, could be better
I wish there was a way to specify what was spoken. There are times I want to speed through and only want action lines read. Other times I want to focus on dialogue and don’t want action lines read. Something to consider.
Great app and fast response
The app had a glitch when you couldn’t upload the pdf- but a few days later I noticed an update. When I reached out via the help feature - they were swift to respond and kind to answer! Have been using this app on and off for a few years now- tbh the best app for rehearsing before an audition, a scene, or shoot!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CONWAY ENTERPRISE WORLDWIDE PTY LTD
- 114.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 AppCoustic
- In-App Purchases
- tableread Pro $2.99