Tag Editor Free is handy spreadsheet for tagging and renaming of audio files. Organize your music in easy and clear way:
• Load tags from files and folders names
• Edit, copy, paste, find and replace tags
• Clean up tags of useless characters, spaces and wrong encoding
• Rename files automatically
All these actions can be done in one window, using keyboard shortcuts, and with full control over your changes.
“A no muss, no fuss OS X application for audio file tagging” - Softpedia
Tag Editor Free supports ID3 tags for MP3, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, and MP4 tags for MP4 and M4A (Apple lossless) files. You can edit Album, Album Artist, Artist, Artwork, Audio Codec, Audio Format, Bit Rate (kbps), BMP (Tempo), Channels, Comment, Composer, Copyright, Disc Number, Encoded By, Genre, Grouping, Key, Title, Track Number and Year tags.
Technical information, such as Duration, Extension, File Name, Folder, Path, Sample Rate (Hz), Size, Tag Format and others can be displayed and used for creation of tags.
PASS TEDIOUS WORK TO THE APP
Tag Editor Free can in automatic mode:
• Create tags from filenames and paths
• Rename files
• Load artworks from local folders
• Clean tags of extra spaces and characters
• Fix case to unify tags
MANAGE TAGS IN MANUAL MODE
Select cells with tags, and apply an action to all of them at once:
• Edit, clear, copy, paste
• Find, replace
• Set artworks - drop image from browser, Finder or just paste it
• Rename files by typing
• Fix encoding by choosing suitable one from the list
EASY AND QUICK TAGGING
To increase workflow’s effectiveness and speed:
• Manage the app by keyboard shortcuts – to speed up tagging and renaming
• Switch to full-screen mode – to maximize effectiveness of the desktop space usage
• Sort, Filter and change columns’ appearance - to focus on relevant content only
• Select single cell, multiple cells, columns, rows or entire sheet - to apply an action
• Listen songs within the editor - to check if tags are relevant
• Revert and Save - to control changes
ORGANISE LARGER MUSIC COLLECTIONS WITH RAPID TAGGING
Tag Editor Free is free to download and use. However, it has limitations for a number of downloadable from network tags and for batch changes. Rapid Tagging unlocks these limitations and provides even more productivity for quick tagging and renaming large audio collections:
• Download tags from network – even if your music do not have any tags
• Speed up your workflow – process and save hundreds of files at once.
Rapid Tagging subscription is available monthly for $5.99 or yearly for $14.99.
“… your music collection will become a highly organized and easily searchable one” – mac.informer
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Please, email to firstname.lastname@example.org about feature requests or any problems. We always glad to improve our applications for your needs. If you like “Tag Editor Free”, a review on the App Store would be very appreciated.
• improvements for loading tags from MusicBrainz
• improvements and bug fixes for renaming
• various bug and stability fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It just takes time but works well
I actually had to mess around to figure it out but it works as promised. I had a bunch of music downloaded without the proper tags and everytime I change computers or something happens during an upgrade I would have to redo everything in itunes. I figured it would be better to properly tag the files for once. It is time consuming to get the correct info on each song and then load into itunes but well worth it. I haven’t seen one pop up as everybody notes. Guess I am lucky.
Whats Not To Like?
I almost deleted the program because it said free and it was asking me to subscribe. I really glad I didn’t. I have thousands of music files and when it comes to organization I’m some kind of nut. As with most things you have to put in some kind of work. After a couple of weeks I decided to pay, wow this thing is really fast and helpful. Not for lazy people, some songs some people never heard of tag it yourself. Some editors only work within their applications i.e. iTunes outside of their system your tags don’t work. I download a ton of reggae all those underscores WHY! it makes me sick to look at them. I love this program quit ur whine n whose doesn’t want to be paid for their work, how else can they make it better?
This isn’t free, it stops working to beg for payment
This is a useful and well put together app but it isn’t free. What’s worse, it begins interrupting your good work constantly and frequently so whateveryou have started is impossible to finish. This isn’t a disabled program in the traditional sense that you can use it for some stuff but some features are disabled until you pay. That is what is usually understood to be a “free” program. This thing tries to undermine your efforts untill you pay up. Essentially, it holds your work hostage.
There are so many excellent free and almost free apps on the store that you want to support once you’ve tried it. But it didn’t take long to understand that this one is mean spirited, deceptive and should not be supported at all.
Really sad, because it does a niche job very well and I don’t think there’s anything else out there like it.
- Amvidia Limited
- 8.3 MB
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2018 Amvidia Limited. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Rapid Tagging 1 Month $1.99
- Rapid Tagging 1 Year $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.