Tagr is an application that helps you organize your music collection.
With Tagr you can easily edit information such as a song's artist, title, or album cover. Tagr also allows you to control the way your files are named, numbered, and capitalized. There is no more need for having other tools dictate that for you!
Check out the video on www.entwicklungsfreu.de for an in-depth coverage of Tagr!
• Edit meta data of individual MP3, M4A/M4B, FLAC, and AIFF files, or
• Edit a list of files in bulk
• Supported tags: track number/count, title, artist, album artist, composer, album, disc number/count, genre, year, comment, compilation, lyrics
• MP3 ID3 versions: v1, v2.3, and v2.4
• Embed cover art into your songs
• Apply uppercase, lowercase, and title case capitalization schemes
• Automatically generate track numbers
• Choose from predefined file naming schemes or define your own
• Extract tags from the file name or title using predefined or custom patterns
• Combine tags to form new tags using predefined or custom patterns
• Search discogs.com for album information and copy it to your songs
• Listen to songs through QuickLook
• Customize Tagr to your needs
Enjoy the best version of Tagr yet!
New in version 5.1
• Compatibility with macOS Catalina
New in version 5.0
• Greatly improved search
• Added support for disc number and disc count when searching discogs.com
• Added support for non-numeric numbering schemes such as A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, …
• Now honoring numbering settings and disc numbers when copying search results while automatically numbering tracks with 'All in one' selected
• macOS notifications are now shown after searching discogs.com completes if Tagr was not in focus
• Added AIFF file support
• Added support for editing lyrics
• Added preference setting to limit maximum artwork size (e.g. for car hi-fi systems)
• Added support for extracting tags from a song’s title
• Added dark theme support and icons for macOS Mojave
• Improved usability when editing song information
• When editing tags of songs in the table, pressing Enter while holding the Option key edits the next song instead
• With single-click-to-edit settings enabled, single-clicking a song with the Option key pressed selects it instead
• Double-clicking a cell when editing songs in the table now reliably starts editing no matter where clicking
• Default macOS auto-completion for drop-downs and table cells is now disabled
• Added support for horizontal scrolling in the editor table
• 'Store leading zeros' property is now also used to automatically prefix disc and track count / number when loading M4A/M4B (with AAC or ALAC codecs) files which don’t supports storing this kind of information
• Enhanced product documentation
• Added support for in-app application review
• Updated application icon and toolbar icons
• Incorporated latest TagLib library (v1.11.1)
• Added support for combining tags to form a new title or comment (feature requested by podcasters)
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My "Go-To" App
A few years back, I realized iTunes was not embedding artwork correctly and that Finder was taking issue with that. My search for a tool lead me to developer Harald Schubert’s website (pre MAS!) and his App, Tagr and it didn’t take long for me to realize that it was going to be my new “Go-To” App for metadata editing. Harald Schubert and I struck up a dialogue and have been friendly ever sense. I’d send him bug reports and he’d listen to my questions and feedback. Tagr is fast and is very comprehensive. It also does some advanced operations that I’ve only found in Windows metadata Apps. I have recommended this App to more than a few other Mac users and will continue to do so. You will not be disappointed!
Thanks for a great App, Harald!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much!! Much appreciated!
A great tool just got better
Tagr is the best app I've found for organizing a music collection exactly the way I want. And every release brings new features and capabilities. (For example, version 4 added support for FLAC; version 5 now supports AIFF.) The interface is pleasurable to use and the various built-in tools have saved me a lot of tedium. I'm also pleased that the developer incorporated one of my suggestions for improvement into the new version. Thanks, Harald.
Developer Response ,
No True Alternative
I have been using Tagr since 2014, it keeps getting better little bits at a time. I’ve tried other programs that do essentially the same thing, but nothing feels as seamless as Tagr.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.