Tagr is an application that helps you organize your music collection.
With Tagr you can easily edit information such as a song's artist, title, or album cover. Tagr also allows you to control the way your files are named, numbered, and capitalized. There is no more need for having other tools dictate that for you!
Check out the video on www.entwicklungsfreu.de for an in-depth coverage of Tagr!
• Edit meta data of individual MP3, M4A/M4B, and FLAC files or
• Edit a list of files in bulk
• Supported tags: track number/count, title, artist, album artist, composer, album, disc number/count, genre, year, comment, compilation
• MP3 ID3 versions: v1, v2.3, and v2.4
• Embed cover art into your songs
• Apply uppercase, lowercase, and title case capitalization schemes
• Automatically generate track numbers
• Choose from predefined file naming schemes or define your own
• Extract tags from the file name using predefined or custom patterns
• Search discogs.com for album information and copy it to your songs
• Listen to songs through QuickLook
• Customize Tagr to your needs
Enjoy the best version of Tagr yet!
After Apple's recent pricing changes, we are lowering Tagr prices back to 9.99 €!
• Cover viewer now flexibly changes its size depending on the size of the main window
• Cover viewer and search results now display the dimensions of images in a tooltip (feature request)
• Added option in preferences to make Title Case simply capitalize all words (feature request)
• Songs are now directly selected when adding them to Tagr (feature request)
• Main window can now be closed and re-opened (feature request)
• Usability improvements
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve tagged thousands of song using Tag, an application that hasn’t been updated in years. I discovered Tagr and it stands heads and shoulders above any other tagging app I have used. I can’t speak to support since the program is so solidy built I haven’t needed any. I highly recommend Tagr to anyone who is anal about tagged music.
Only for mp3, m4a/m4b & flac music files!
That ‘or’ that follows in the discription above is misleading…i’ve a large batch of cd’s that i’ve been changing into digital for my iTunes library. For quality, i have them turned into WAV files thru iTunes. I can then turn them into mp3’s or m4a’s depending on the need. Was hoping that ‘or’ meant that other types of formats would also work with this software…nope, it don’t. Had to take one WAV album, turned into flac and ‘lo & behold, it recognized it & i was able to proceed. To turn all of my colection into flac/mp3/m4a adds a too large of another step in the tagging process. Will work on getting a refund unless i hear about a shorter work-around or the developer tells me there’s soon to be added file types that it will work with. When [if?] that happens, i’ll up this rating. Oh, I followed the Tagr Support lead & it only led me to the developer’s site/ad….’least there, it didn’t misdirect on it’s list of files supported like the apple page does [‘or’]...
A longtime favorite
This little program has helped me for years, and only gets better. Does as advertised — great if you’re in need of naming files after converting a FLAC or other file that doesn’t embed the artist information, song number or song titles.
- Harald Schubert
- 4.5 MB
OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2009 entwicklungsfreu.de
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.